2FA for Confluence Standard and License require

ruangchai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2021

I want to buy Confluence Standard for 30 users and enable 2FA for all of them so i'm not sure about product/license that i need to buy.

1. Confluence Standard can enable 2FA for user login? or require Premium

2. For 2FA as i saw it require Atlassian Access that mean i have to buy for Confluence Standard/Premium for 30 users and Atlassian Access for 30 users?

3. Can i buy Atlassian Access for 10 users and Confluence Standard for 30 users? if i need to enable 2FA only 10 users to Confluence

Please help to advice because i'm doubt which product/license that i need as above requirement.

2 answers

1 vote
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2021

Hi @ruangchai ,

Atlassian Access manages the sign-on and security settings for users that belong to a particular domain, across all the sites they're enabled to use with Atlassian Cloud products (Jira Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Bitbucket, etc). Using Atlassian Access, you create an organization to manage settings like 2FA and SAML. The organizations are managed by domain claim  - e.g. proving you have ownership of yourdomain.com and managing users that sign in with email addresses on that domain.

This is a bit different than a Confluence Cloud site, where you may have 30 users primarily from your domain but a handful from external companies/domains. You would not be able to apply security policies to accounts on domains your organization does not own. However, this does ensure users at your company who are using Atlassian Cloud products at other sites do indeed use 2FA or that you can apply security and password policies to those accounts. Or if your organization has multiple Jira or Confluence sites, Access allows you to manage the sign-on and security settings across all the sites with a single subscription.

In regards to your question, if you wish to enforce 2FA on your Confluence Cloud (standard or premium) site, and all the accounts on your site use email addresses that your company owns the domain for, you would need an Atlassian Access subscription for all those users.

Check out this overview video for a fuller explanation:

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2021

Hi @ruangchai

Welcome to the community.

What do you mean by 2fa? 2 factor authentication?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events