You can now @mention and Share with your Team in Confluence.

Rusty (Matt)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2019

When editing a page, writing a comment, or sharing a page, you can pick your Team, just like you’d pick a person. Teams are created in the people directory, and are usable across products. Read more about Teams here.

You can go to yoursite.atlassian.net/people/ to review your Teams, so that any Team mentions and shares will get through to the right people.

This will be a phased rollout in Confluence, and we expect all customers to be able to mention or share with a Team in Confluence by early August.

We are really excited to be able to get this into customer's hands, and would love to hear your feedback, so please let us know what you think right here.

5 comments

Merve Nur Bas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2019

Hi Matthew, 

I have got mixed feelings towards this feature. To my understanding this will be another kind of "group" in the people directory then? Why not just allow to mention existing groups? It kind of feels like another component to administer. Are the users themselves going to be able to create and modify these teams? That would be more appreciated I guess. 

However, I like the idea a lot. Is there any intend to make is option also available for Jira. I love the idea to share an issue collectively with a bunch of people without typing their names separately. A team of ours has got the issuetype "Meetings" for example (they did not want to use Confluence for various reasons). It would be great to create a team, which would get notifications when there is a meeting created (or updated). 

I will certainly try and use that option - in Confluence, but hopefully also in Jira. 

Thanks for the great work. 

My best

Merve

Like Rusty (Matt) likes this
Rusty (Matt)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Hey Merve,

Thanks for providing your thoughts. You've guessed right about the fact that Teams will share a lot of characteristics of groups. You're right that end-users will be able to create and modify them themselves too! In fact, only team members can modify teams - so it's a hands-off experience for Admins.

We are in the middle of a progressive rollout of Teams in Jira shares, but mentioning a team in Jira isn't on the roadmap just yet, as there are stricter controls around mentions in Jira.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Regards,

Matt

Like Merve Nur Bas likes this
Nickey Wood October 18, 2019

Hi Matt

I've created a team and everyone says 'Invited' but nobody has received an 'Invitation', where how is the invitation sent/received?

It appears as though only users who have accepted the invitation will be included in the @ mention, is that correct?

Thank you,

Nickey 

Rusty (Matt)
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2019

Hey Nickey - I'm sorry for such a horribly late reply! Yes, you've got it right. The team is currently looking at putting email notifications in place so that people you invite will get emailed, but for now, if the person visits the team profile, they can accept, then they will become part of the invite.

Note that this only applies for people on public email domains, or on email domains different to yours.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Matt

Eduardo_João_Marcondes June 18, 2020

Hello,

Sorry for comment on old post, but I did not find the info anywhere.

What the version of Confluence this Teams feature was released?

Thanks,

Eduardo

Abe Balatya August 25, 2020

Hi,

As I was trying to create a team directory, I couldn't find the "Start a Team" button on People Directory's page? Anyone's facing same issue, or is there any step by step how to create a team directory in order to use @Team feature on Confluence?

Also, how/where can I find specific space directory or people please? When I go to people on the top page, it shows people from the entire corporate, where I only need to see & engage people from specific space.

Thank you in advance,

Dirk Brutscher June 7, 2021

Anyone who is interested in a group mention feature based on default Confluence groups can take a look at our "GroupMentions" app for Atlassian Confluence (Server and Data Center):

GroupMentions App in the Atlassian Marketplace

GroupMentions1.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events