Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why Confluence editor is so slow?

Edited

The editor is too slow. If I keep cursor key depressed, the cursor on the screen slowly walks between letters. Same feeling of low responsiveness is when editing.

Take a look at this gifPeek 2020-05-19 10-54.gif

In comparison in the video above there is also native Sublime Text 3 editor window...

Tell me how I suppose to work in such slow conditions? How to edit bigger article?

My laptop is i7 8gen, 16GB ram, Ubuntu 18.04 and Firefox 76.

4 comments

I also experience this consistently on what seem like relatively small pages.

So I am writing today tables in confluence and it gets really slow. Is there any help here I could get? Anybody from atlassian could tell me what to do to improve performance? Or are there any due dates on improving responsiveness of this crap?

Like Jeremy Stickearn likes this

We are experiencing the same problem. Although it is not AS slow as in your gif, it is noticably slower than in any other environment (eg compared to the JIRA comment field).

It also doesn't matter if the page is empty or built from a template or very long. After a couple of lines, input gets slower and slower. The only thing that helps in our case: save the page, and start editing again. It will work "as usual" for a while then.

(oh, core i9 9880H, 64 GB RAM on Win 10 if that matters - which I don't believe since it's only in Confluence)

Yeah, terrible experience to work with Confluence. Too slow. :(

I usually write it on google docs or something else, then paste it back to confluence wiki. Unfortunately that is not suitable as you get comments or some special objects.

Would be great if confluence just supported simple text markdown, like github.

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍂📹 Apptoberfest demo contest roundup: vote for your favorite demos!

Hi Community! The submissions are in (and listed below) for the 🍻🍂Apptoberfest🍂🍻 Demo Competition and it’s time for you to place your votes for the best: Analytics & reporting app demo ...

100 views 2 11
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you