Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Confluence as Internal Community forum

Sumit August 27, 2020

Hi everyone,

I was looking towards using `Confluence (Cloud)` as forum instead of just knowledge base.

My initial thought process is to have a good user flow where any internal company member would be able to ask questions and a notification goes out to everybody in a specific team.

I am looking for any case study or use-cases from people of the community.

P.S.: Is `Atlassian community` is offered as a service?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2020

I would take a look at "Questions for Confluence", it's not quite a forum, but it does a lot of stuff similarly to the way we tend to use this place for questions (and was actually the software behind the previous incarnation of what is now Community). 

The other thing to look at is https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?hosting=cloud&product=confluence&query=forum - the first handful of results there are well worth a look as they layer forum-like functions over Confluence pages.

Atlassian Community is a modified installation of Khoros  , it's not available as a service itself (it wouldn't make a lot of sense, as it's heavily customised for Community), but you could run Khoros instead of Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events