Text Indentation in new editor

Wilco van der Spoel April 17, 2020

Text indentation is one of the key elements our company uses to structure processes, phases subphases, activities, etc. Manually replacing thousands of non-functioning text indentations for [spaces] is not an option. Therefore text indentation is an absolute must to make Confluence work for us. In cannot imagine why it was decided the new editor will not support text indentations. I assume this functionality will return quickly?

In the meanwhile: is there a way to block/hide the ‘Convert this page to the new editor’-option?

2 comments

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

Hi @Wilco van der Spoel 

You can craete an identation by using "tab". In fact, the buttons aren't there anymore, even though the ticket says the buttons are back:

About the other question. I'm not aware this is possible. But check this page out. 

Regards, Dominic

Wilco van der Spoel April 17, 2020

Hi @Dominic Lagger

Thank you for your quick respons. Using the tab works for new pages. 

Our main problem is with text indentations in the already existing pages; the ones that have to be converted to the new editor.

While converting, the 'unsuported content'-message appears. Afterwards the layout turns into a mess due to the unsuported old editor text indentations ... only one level remains and in tables the bullit is even placed in the adjecent cell. 

That is the reason why I want it to make it impossible for other users in our company to convert the page to the new editor. Unfortunately I could not find a solution behind the link you have send me.

Nevertheless thank you for your effort in helping me out

Best regards, Wilco

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2020

I like the fact, that you want to migrate the old pages. In fact, I've never had old pages to migrate, so I can't help you with that.

I also can understand, you want to prevent others to migrate and stop manual work.

I asked other community leaders, if they have any ideas what you can do.

Like Wilco van der Spoel likes this
Wilco van der Spoel April 21, 2020

Hi Dominic,

Thank you for thinking along. 

Atlassian seems to have made a change: while converting the page, the unsupported content-message no longer appears. Nevertheless, the old text indentations are still not supported - see the following PNG's of the before and after situation.

I interpreted the 'unsupported content-message' as a warning for my collegues to not convert te page. If the message really is structurally omitted, it will make it even more probable that I have to manually repair lots of Confluence pages.

Best regards Wilco

Before situationText Indentation in new editor_Before.PNG

After situation

Text Indentation in new editor_After.PNG

Oscar Huerta November 24, 2020

@Wilco van der Spoel , did Atlassian provide any direction for those of us who use indenting but have lost that functionality in the new editor?

Wilco van der Spoel November 24, 2020

@Oscar Huerta , Unfortunatly Atlassian did not ... so we have to deal with the situation as it was ... For now, as long as the new editor is not used, the old pages are still presentable ... and keeping our fingers crossed is the only direction we have got

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events