Page Content Viewable by Permission Groups

Chris Penksa November 5, 2019

I am building an IT knowledge base/service guide and would like to be able to amend pages with more information that is only viewable by the IT Team. Is there a way to have content on the same page obscured from users outside of our permission group? 

I'd hate to have to manage a second Space and place a link on the external KB to it's corresponding internally notated article.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

1 vote
Dara November 8, 2019

Interesting use case this! I was interested so had a look around, it seems there are a few option to do this:

• First, there is the suggestion of using the Excerpt Macro in this answer by Travis Morgan. There are actually multiple useful suggestions in this thread, so ti is worth checking out. I would ignore the accepted answer there though, to implement that a paid plug-in is required that is also no longer available for Cloud.
  • Second, there is a Visibility plug-in that can be used. It is discussed here. This plug-in is paid, but is not too expensive and does have all the functionality you asked for.
  • I found a few options, like this Security plug-in, but those are not available for Cloud sadly.

I hope this helps you a bit further on your way! Let me know if you succeed!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events