Let's hear your feedback for Confluence Cloud Mobile!

Stephanie Zhang _Product_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hey there,

Great to meet you! My name is Steph Zhang and I’m a Product Manager new to the Confluence Cloud Mobile team.

In the past year, we’ve worked on awesome enhancements to our login experience, viewing & editing experience as well as our commenting experience. Stay tuned for our newsletter coming soon!

Looking forward, we know that there are still many areas of improvement for us. I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below regarding what you would love to see improved or added to the Confluence Cloud mobile apps!

Thanks,
Steph

7 comments

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2020

Thank you for the post @Stephanie Zhang _Product_ ! I haven’t used the confluence mobile app for while. I will reinstall it and provide some feedback if I have any. I wanted to ask - are all the macros provided by third party add-ons mobile compatible ? 

Like # people like this
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2020

Definitely not all, and know that this is a big pain point for many users today. Curious, what type of third party add-ons are you folks using? And for what use case? 

Like Mandy Ross likes this
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2020

I didn't look enough yet to see which ones maybe important for us. But, I would say
- Gliffy
- Advanced Tables for Confluence 
- Scroll Viewport for Confluence 
- Content formatting macros for confluence (after it is available on cloud)
We are still on confluence server, but we are thinking to move to Cloud in future and it would be nice to have them mobile compatible.

Like # people like this
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2020

Hi Sachin! Just wanted to let you know that we hear you loud and clear. ;)

Like Sachin likes this
Jay Allison July 23, 2020

Not having the ability to add/remove columns and rows in tables is the #1 reason why I don't use the mobile app for editing pages.

Like # people like this
Atlassian Team
July 24, 2020

I hear you @Jay Allison

We're pushing really hard to get this enhancement shipped as soon as possible. Appreciate your flagging it. 

Like Stephanie Grice likes this
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2020

We've just approved use of the Jira and Confluence mobile apps for our company, but we're not on Cloud

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2020

Thanks for the post, I leave you some details:
1.- Slowness
2.- Add / remove columns in table
3.- Visibility of some fields
4.- Before it was only for the cloud, those of the server, I do not know if they can currently use it.

Atlassian Team
July 24, 2020

Thanks @Vero Rivas !

Regarding slowness, when do you typically experience this? Viewing pages? Navigating the app? Loading comments?

Regarding visibility of some fields, are you referring to Macros? Would love to learn more here! 

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2020

Hi @Stephanie Zhang _Product_ 

You're welcome

Slowness is generally, sometimes navigating through pages, sometimes just trying to edit it or saving when after making multiple changes.

The visibility of the fields, if some are from the macros, but I do not know why sometimes, it is as if they were broken and not seen, many times it is necessary to reload the page, it is as if they were blocked.

Regards

Atlassian Team
July 30, 2020

Thanks for clarifying @Vero Rivas !

David Washburn July 26, 2020

comment was duplicated

Like # people like this

comment was duplicated

@Stephanie Zhang _Product_ my feedback keeps getting deleted, or auto-moderated, or perhaps it was too long? I'm unsure, but I can email it to you if that helps. I tried to post my feedback twice and it disappeared after I refreshed the page both times.

I'm really liking Confluence mobile so far but I have a few pieces of feedback I'd like to share. First, I'd like to mention that I have feedback for both the iOS app and for Confluence web using a mobile browser. I'm not sure if these are developed by the same teams so I'll separate my feedback by category.

Confluence Web (mobile browser)

1. Lack of navigation is killer - we use Confluence as a public facing knowledge base for IT and many people (non-confluence users) access our documents on mobile devices. We have structured our Confluence carefully with pages/sub-pages but the user cannot see any of those because there is no navigation options when you hit the menu icon. This leaves them stuck on the page we sent them to instead of being free to move to other articles or search for articles easily.

2. Default Atlassian macros tap-to-load is also killer - I understand there are probably technological reasons for this decision, but having macros require a tap-to-load is really unfortunate from a UX standpoint especially Atlassian's own default Macros. We use the Table Of Contents and Child Page macro frequently and it's almost useless if a user has to tap to load it. We also use macros to link similar articles together and requiring a tap-to-load defeats the usability of this feature.

Confluence Mobile (iOS)

1. Default Atlassian macros tap-to-load - Same feedback as with Confluence Web. The tap-to-load for default Atlassian macros really takes the wind out of our article's sails when internal confluence users are viewing articles using the iOS app. I wish there was a way around this! Some of our most well-crafted articles use a lot of macros, so the page looks completely devoid of content when loaded on mobile except 5-10 empty "tap to load" boxes.

2. Navigation experience is slightly confusing
    This is not a big issue, but I feel the user experience navigating pages and sub-pages feels a little clunky on iOS. I don't have any specific suggestions to resolve this.

3. Ability to move articles after creation - maybe I'm missing it, but I do not see any options to move pages after they have been already created. I can move the location of an article that I just created, but not articles that were already created. If there is an option, I don't believe it's well placed because I've looked for it a few times and it's not obvious where it would be located.

Like # people like this
Atlassian Team
July 27, 2020

Thanks David! I'm seeing your post for Mobile web (1 & 2) as well as the iOS app (1, 2 & 3). If other parts of it got cut, feel free to email me directly at szhang5@atlassian.com! 

For feedback on the iOS app: 

• Totally hear you on the Macros! This is something that we have on our FY21 roadmap to significantly improve. 
  • Navigation is difficult, I agree! Would you be open to having a longer discussion with the team regarding this? Information architecture is another large focus for us, but we're still doing research to understand what the largest challenges are. Please reach out to me at szhang5@atlassian.com with your availability if so! 
  • Yes! I don't believe moving pages is supported today, I apologize for the inconvenience and confusion there.

Thank you so much for sharing feedback!

Like # people like this
David Washburn July 27, 2020

@Stephanie Zhang _Product_ Certainly, I'll reach out via email for more feedback if you'd like. I believe the only thing I lost were my example images, but I suspect they're probably not necessary. Thanks!

I will add, of all the things I mentioned the web-based Confluence navigation is currently my most important one, personally. I don't claim to know or understand the complex technology powering Confluence, but from a strictly web-design standpoint it seems like it's a low hanging fruit that would dramatically improve anonymous Confluence users experience by having pages/subpages populate inside the mobile menu on a web browser.

Here is a lousy mockup.

Mockup.png

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events