It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is he new editor supposed to be an improvement?

From the table of features it looks like the new editor is a step back from the old: many more features are missing there.

Sincere questions:

• Is there any strategic plan that outlines the thinking here?
  • Is Confluence trying to become something other than a useful wiki?
  • What is it that Confluence is aspiring to be?

I'm not happy with the loss of functionality, but if I'm not the intended audience I'd like to know ASAP so that I can look elsewhere for my tools.

1 comment

I'm do not understand the purpose of the new editor either.

I mean... its still sort of the same as the old editor, but with a lot of functionallity and flexability removed, being buggy, clunky, difficult and unintuitive to use.

The new editor does not really work at all.

for some time now in fact in Atlassian it seems that the right hand does not know what the left hand does. And who sells products to customers or supports customers is in the middle of the battlefield.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Convert your old pages to the new editor

Hey Community 👋, Following the recent release of the new editor, we will be releasing the ability for users to convert existing pages from the legacy editor to the new editor. We’ve been resp...

7,592 views 47 31
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you