Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the "old editor"

Mads March 18, 2020

Atlassian has recently made an announcement -- through a blog post -- that the old editor is not going anywhere for the foreseeable future .

Much rejoicing all around the world. However, some users are still in doubt as to how to use the old editor. Here is how, in the Cloud version of Confluence:

When you create a new page, click the entry called "Blank page (old) (going away soon)" -- located at the top right in the "Create" dialog.

Screenshot_20200318_130415.png

Don't worry about the "going away soon" part -- it has been like this for months, if not a year. And, the blog post tell us not to worry about it actually happening.

If this option should not show, try scrolling to the bottom of the list, and look for a link to "Show more templates" or similar. If you click this, then it should show up.

Another option for using the old editor is to simply copy a page created with the old editor, then deleting all content, and starting over.

5 answers

0 votes
Mads January 24, 2022

I am sorry, I have no idea. The old editor is still available in my instance.

0 votes
Rastko Anicic January 18, 2022

I'd like to know the same

0 votes
Maureen_Pafumi March 30, 2020

I have a page I created prior to the new editor. I am trying to edit this page and it seems that it's the new editor features that are at play. Is there anyway to change this? I don't want to have to completely re-create this page.

0 votes
Mads March 18, 2020

I am sorry - apparently different sites have different access. I would contact Atlassian.

Would be great if you could add some more information here, if you figure something out.

0 votes
David Lim March 18, 2020

I don't see blank page (old) nor do I see "show more templates". Do I need to contact Atlassian?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events