What's New in Confluence Cloud – June 2020 Edition

Ready for the monthly rollup of what happened in May for Confluence Cloud?

Improved mobile login experience (& SSO)

For those of you with the Confluence mobile app, we know the login experience hasn’t been the best. We didn’t have Single Sign-On (SSO) and weren’t compatible with the fancy smartphone tools to help you log in. Well, now we are!

Seamlessly transition between Confluence and Jira (or any other Atlassian app) without having to separately log in every time. Use your phone’s password managers for one-tap signup (like Apple Keychain, FaceID, LastPass, etc). And good news, admins! This means we also work with more identity providers like OKTA, Azure, and others. For more details and to see how it works, read on.

If you haven’t used the app before or had trouble with login in the past, give it a try!

singlesignon.gif

Improvements to the new editor

We brought back some stuff from the old editor and introduced some new things. Let me highlight them here. To dig deeper, read this post.

Use a Find & Replace tool to swap out any word or phrase on a page in a couple of clicks. Copy (or cut) and paste macros anywhere on a page including Page Layouts, Info Panels and Code Snippets. When building a large table, the headers, whether a row or column, will now stay in place as you scroll within the table. Action items are now indentable, meaning you can assign sub-tasks. At last, but not the end with more future improvements to come, links to pages in draft or archive mode will now show you a disclaimer label.

find & replace (1).gif

Richer linking for Dropbox

The / slash command for Dropbox just got better. With a click, you can browse your Dropbox folders to attach a link. That link will also now show a preview of the content on that page. All without ever leaving your Confluence page.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.27.44 PM.png

85 comments

Deleted user June 22, 2020

It would be great to have better compatibility for the insertion of tables from other platforms (google sheets, excel,...)

Like # people like this
Terri Broome June 22, 2020

I completely agree with Joao_Sa. I've tried a few different methods to make it look more appealing and it's still recreate the table from scratch. 

Like # people like this
nadav harel June 22, 2020

@Terri Broome what about  different bluet hierarchy?, push text editor?  font size  settings (not title size) ?   

Like # people like this
Maurice Pasman June 22, 2020

When can we finally expect the full link search? And also, Ctrl K triggers a search in Chrome, so that shortcut does not work.

Like # people like this
Patricia Handrick June 23, 2020

It would be useful to cluster tasks & bullet points in a hierarchy. Also text formatting is very limited. It would be great to get some more options in size and color.

Like # people like this
nostawg June 23, 2020

Thanks for the updates! Confluence cloud is really working well for me and my small startup. Cheers!

Like # people like this
Edgar Fortea Moles June 23, 2020

Getting all the code snippet functionalities back would be greatly appreciated :)

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66437

Like # people like this
Ian Turner June 23, 2020

A fix to the blog-posts macro to make it work with excerpts would be useful too

Like # people like this
fola.oyewumi June 23, 2020

Thanks for the updates, really useful

Like Brittany Sudlow likes this
Ndifreke_Ema June 23, 2020

thanks for help i am new here

Like # people like this
Terri Broome June 23, 2020

@nadav harel I am looking at extendable spreadsheet for confluence - any other suggestions?

Like Christopher Gabriel Jr likes this
Cindy Chan June 23, 2020

That's some awesome update. 

Please, do consider re-introducing the feature of adding URL to images ASAP. This is a crucial feature for most, if not all, websites.

Like # people like this
osher.el June 23, 2020

What we need is image to a URL I provide.

It was a most basic feature I am SOOOO disappointed to see dropped.

I used to use it a lot for including google-drawings as images.

On google-drawing side you do "publish to the web", get a URL, and feed it to the image URL in confluence.

Then whenever the drawing is updated - the next page refresh in the confluence will show the updated drawing.

Now, I have to download the drawing as png and upload it to confluence every time.

With your permission, allow me to be blunt for a moment, but what's the matter with you?? what's the logic behind that??!!!

Like # people like this
pcheniteris June 23, 2020

I also agree with Joao_Sa. Would also like better copy and paste in general into a word Doc and email; lists and tables currently do not copy/paste correctly.

Like # people like this
Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

@[deleted] and @Terri Broome Try checking out some table apps available in Marketplace. We're also planning to build some more functionality into tables.

Like # people like this
Bryan Roland June 24, 2020

I am a new hire thank you.

Like # people like this
Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020

Along with the improvements to tables as @Brittany Sudlow mentioned, we understand the need to improve our lists and how they work.  Discussions have started about the scope of work to be tackled.  Don't have any details yet, but we'll share those with you as soon as they are more firm.

Like # people like this
Veaj Ramirez June 24, 2020

It could help develop an innovative project

Like raul a vidal likes this
Hajji Uddin June 24, 2020

Nothing to know yet.

Still Northing more  

Waiting for Learn 

Like Law & Pleasure likes this
Rashiidah Muhammad June 24, 2020

New here and trying to learn 

Like # people like this
ajaz.ahmed June 24, 2020

Still learning

Like # people like this
Vicky Weber June 25, 2020

When will we be able to make change comments on new versions of documents? PLEASE address https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65695.

Like # people like this
Dawn_Kovach June 25, 2020

Always learning

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events