What's New in Confluence Cloud – August 2020 Edition

Here is a roundup of the latest updates to Confluence Cloud in the month of August!

Note: Some of these features are currently rolling out, meaning you may not see them just yet but they will be coming to soon within the next few weeks!

Embed a Jira Roadmap & Figma links

Smart Links are evolving! if you missed the announcement last month, check out this post. You can now display a Jira Roadmap or a Figma link in a card view with a small preview of the content or an embedded view that feels native to the page.

No extra macros are required. Simply paste the link on the page, connect your accounts (one-time setup), and a Smart Link is automatically created. Click on the link to toggle the display.

Keep an eye out for more Smart Links improvements coming soon!

Smart Links Jira Roadmap Embed.pngSmart Link Card Figma.png

Mobile settings have moved and now offer more options

We’ve updated the location of access settings on the Confluence Cloud mobile app. Instead of the bottom right menu, you will now click on your Avatar at the top left. Once you’re in Settings, there are a few new things to point out.

You can quickly determine which space you’re in. If you’re pulling up a random page a coworker sent, it’s helpful context to know where that page lives. It’s especially useful when you want to switch to a different space right then and there.

Additionally, we’ve added an extra level of security. You now have the option to turn on a timeout feature. This means after 2-minutes of inactivity, you’ll be prompted to log back in using your phone’s pin or biometrics (such as fingerprint or facial scanners).

account with arrow (1).gif

Sticky comment footer

A simple yet handy fix. When you’re on a page with a lot of comments, the “Write a comment” text box stays put. No need to scroll for days before the other comments in order to start your own.

2020-07-22 14.19.55 (2) (1).gif

New helpful “how-to” guides

I know, it’s not a feature, but it’s still new! We recently published a series of helpful guides that can benefit everyone, whether you’re brand new to Confluence yourself, training a colleague, or you’re a seasoned veteran looking to level up your skills. Get a quick overview of Confluence here, learn how to get started quickly, and how you can use Confluence and Jira together.

That’s all for this month! Share your feedback in the comments and subscribe to the whats-new RSS feed to stay up to date on the latest.

15 comments

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2020

Wow! Updates are really usefull! 

P.S. Thank you for links :)

Like # people like this
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2020

Thank you for the post @Brittany Sudlow . The 'Embed a Jira Roadmap & Figma links' and 'Sticky comment footer' are definitely some nice features!

Like # people like this
Krishna M S August 10, 2020

We still do not have the option of opening a hyperlink in a new tab/page.

Like # people like this
KMa August 10, 2020

Option to reduce eye-candy to get faster, more light-weight UI would be greatly appreciated.

Most of us are here for the substance after all.

Like # people like this
Peter O'Sullivan August 11, 2020

We are still waiting for the return of the Comment box to record what changed on updates to pages - please can we have an update? Bring back the "what's changed" comment box 

Like # people like this
Ilayaraja August 11, 2020

Good to see Security inclusion for Mobile apps. I suggest to include similar timeout for Web based Atlassian too. 

Alex Rouk August 11, 2020

I am always amused by these announcements: the title is so big and promising but the actual content is so not.. this time it's just 3 "features" while maybe the mobile part actually worth something for someone.. 
Hey, Confluence people, how about REALLY new features? 
there is a long list upvoted by actual users waiting for it (can't imagine how sticky comments is a huge upgrade or a big deal..)

thanks 

Like # people like this
Nishanth August 11, 2020

Wow!!

Like Maya Venturero likes this
Ronan Lamour August 12, 2020

Insane to see a "wiki" who does not provide THE BASIC wikimedia features like just a word definition.

Something as easy as this is not possible with Confluence :

2020-08-12_17h47_51.png

Like # people like this
Pradeep Nooney August 18, 2020

Nice!...Sticky comment and Figma links are really useful.

Djordje Stefanovic August 19, 2020

Yes! Sticky comment, Figma preview!

Sumesh Sukumaran August 19, 2020

Wow! nice update

Mattias Söderberg August 19, 2020

Still not possible to open a hyperlink in a new window/tab :(

I think I speak for many user when I say "we have waited a long time"...

Like # people like this
Emily Scammell August 20, 2020

There are fundamental things missing and these are the things you focus on?

Two incredibly basic things:

1. removing the lines/making the lines invisible in a table
  2. making images linkable in the new basic page template

I lose the will to live when building confluence pages at the moment! 

Like Bad Developer likes this
Bad Developer September 2, 2020

Figma links? Great.

The 4 designers in our company will be happy.  As for the other 300 users there are still plenty of things missing in the new editor that cause frustration everyday.  I fully endorse the MVP approach, but much of the new editor is full of annoying bugs and missing functionality.

There is too much to mention here but is discussed: The-new-editing-experience-we-re-listening 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events