Try and give feedback on an early release of Confluence Home!

Hello Confluence Cloud enthusiasts!

We have an upcoming release of Confluence Home and we’d like to invite you to join a limited beta/EAP program!

Confluence Home (/wiki/home) allows you to quickly get back to pages you’re working on and relevant to you, all in one place. We’re working on the next iteration of this experience. If this sounds interesting to you, we would love it if you would join us in trying out these early features to help us shape the future of Confluence Home!

What’s involved in this?

We’d like to give you access to an early release of Confluence Home for use in your daily workflows. We’ll invite you to join a private online Community group where you can report bugs, ask questions, suggest ideas, and generally join the Confluence product team conversation! We may also email you directly with questions outside of the online group.

----

Note: 

There will be no change to 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced in Home (the page that loads when you click “Home” in the top navigation)

In the Early Access Program, we are primarily trying out a different way to present your Recent pages, the Spaces you frequently visit, and introducing a new feature to help you discover relevant pages. Again, none of this will impact 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced.

Here are the main things that we are testing out to get feedback in Home:

• Using a new page card design that surfaces additional metadata to display your Recent pages (pages you’ve visited)

• Different location within the “Home” page to list the Spaces you’ve visited

• Showing a feed-like experience to help you discover relevant pages

The 3rd party app integration points in Home will not be changed.

-----

Who are we looking for?

• Active Confluence Cloud users, at least use it once a week

• Use Confluence Cloud with colleagues and team members

• Primarily use Confluence Cloud on web

• [Nice to have, but not a must] Have used Confluence Home before (/wiki/home)

Who is running it?

The group will be managed by DJ, Confluence Product Manager

How long am I needed?

The EAP will run from late Feb/early March through April, 2021.

How do I sign up?

Please click here to request access to the early access program and we will be in touch!

By participating in the program you agree to:

• Be part of a closed group with access to enhanced features

• Keep the details of the features demonstrated confidential to yourself 

• Be contacted for the purpose of research and analysis

Thanks - I’m looking forward to shaping the future of Atlassian products with you!

8 comments

Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 13, 2021

Hi @DJ Chung,

I'm a developer at Lively Apps and I would consider ourselves power users of Confluence. I personally use it every day and visit the home page of our Confluence instance probably once per hour. :)

We also have an app (Task Reminder for Confluence) that integrates with the home / dashboard: it comes with a web panel that shows users their 5 most urgent Confluence tasks.

Both from a user perspective as well as a Marketplace Partner perspective I'd like to participate in this EAP. I am both excited about what you're building and I also want to make sure it doesn't affect our app, or at least be able to adjust our app accordingly, so we can provide a stable experience to our users.

In fact, I'm a bit surprised to see this announced on community.atlassian.com before community.developer.atlassian.com, as I'm quite sure there also are many other apps that come with a dashboard panel, and there likely are many other Marketplace Partners who are equally interested in their apps not breaking technically or UX-wise. It would be amazing if you could also respond to my post over on the Developer Community: https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/new-confluence-home-eap-how-can-marketplace-partners-be-involved/45206 :)

Cheers,
Sven

Like # people like this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2021

Hey @Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_ , 

Thanks for this question and your patience as we had a holiday in the U.S. yesterday. 

I replied in your post in the Developer Community (link to that post), but also wanted to post it here for other Community members to see: 

-----

There will be no change to 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced in Home (the page that loads when you click “Home” in the top navigation)

In the Early Access Program, we are primarily trying out a different way to present your Recent pages, the Spaces you frequently visit, and introducing a new feature to help you discover relevant pages. Again, none of this will impact 3rd party app integration points or how they are surfaced.

Here are the main things that we are testing out to get feedback in Home:

• Using a new page card design that surfaces additional metadata to display your Recent pages (pages you’ve visited)

• Different location within the “Home” page to list the Spaces you’ve visited

• Showing a feed-like experience to help you discover relevant pages

The 3rd party app integration points in Home will not be changed.

-----

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to you trying this out as a user! 

Best,

DJ

Like # people like this
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 17, 2021

Thank you so much @DJ Chung! Stoked to see and provide feedback on the new experience! :)

Like DJ Chung likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

This sounds like a cool opportunity!  Thanks @DJ Chung!  I'll check with a couple of stakeholders here to see if the are interested/ok with participating before I sign up.

Like DJ Chung likes this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Sounds good, @Jimmy Seddon ! We'd love to have you and any others participate!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Nicole February 23, 2021

How does this impact anonymous/public users? We want users to hit our homepage (overview page) with the side menu.

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

will check too and get back to you

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2021

This sounds amazing; I'd love the opportunity to participate.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events