Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📁Page archiving is now live in beta on Confluence Cloud!

37 comments

Josh Ford August 6, 2020

Was excited to see the Archive feature but immediately dreaded using it. I archived a top level section with a ton of child pages. It only archived the main page (as I see this was intended now) and left the child pages hanging out causing quite a bit to clean up. The ability to archive all child pages would make this feature usable.

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2020

According to this page archiving of nested pages is going to be a premium feature, which is really disappointing.

Jeanne Howe September 3, 2020

But of course it is going to be a "Premium" feature.

Here is what is happening, in my opinion:

Atlassian pushed a price increase of last October. Depending on your instance and license count, this increase may have been as high as 325%. Since then, many have been complaining that the list of "outstanding" features never seem to be implemented and the ROI on the price increase is non-existent for the customer. Atlassian, still not happy with how deep their hand is in your pocket, is pushing out "Premium" (and soon 'Enterprise"). Don't be fooled. This is nothing more than another price increase "hidden" behind the deployment of basic functionality every other tracking tool already offers

There was a point in time when I was "all in". I jumped on the bandwagon, drank the kool-aid, and told everyone to follow me to the land of Atlassian. They had good products, relatively low startup costs, and "plugins" you could buy as needed to fill any functionality gaps. The company itself seemed to have a very strong "customer first" culture. 

Everything seems to have changed when they went "public". It was a big change for the company, but they insisted it would not change their company culture. We were promised the customer is, and always will, come first. Yet here we are, just a few years later, watching Atlassian cater to the stakeholders and the price of stock. Price increase, after price increase but no new functionality, limited API access, no DB access, standard features still under developed, and bugs open for years. Lest we forget about UI changes and search/navigation changes that seem to have hosed both usability and performance. As a customer, at this point in time, I feel as if I am nothing more than a mere inconvenience Atlassian has to deal with in order to do business.

And I get it, Atlassian is a business. They do need to make money. But doing so at the expense of your customers is a quick way lose your market share and tank your business.

As I stated in the beginning, this is nothing more than my opinion. I have no insight to Atlassian, I have no idea what their plans are. I can only state what I have viewed for myself and my interpretations of that view.

Like • Steve Rhodes likes this
Lisa Dalton September 22, 2020

Hi, Is anyone else experiencing not being able to access the option to archive on some pages/spaces but not others? Any suggestions welcome? Cheers.

Like • kevin.danaher likes this
Bruce Clounie January 5, 2021

Not being able to archive hierarchies makes this pretty much unusable except for the most basic cases. 

Any update on when this might be possible?

Thomas Kohler February 12, 2021

How do I bulk archive?

Like • Dirk Spannaus likes this
Steve Rhodes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

@Thomas Kohler you pay double what you are paying now for your whole Confluence installation per user. i.e. pay for premium.

Karri Adkins April 1, 2021

It would be great if you could arrange the archive pages into folders or back into having a parent page, so it functions like a file, instead of just a dump of pages.  Is it possible to move them around and group them properly, especially when you are arching as you go?  I want to be able to archive a page into a folder in arhvie.

Dirk Spannaus April 2, 2021

Wow, just realized I can still not archive pages with subpages in one step. 

Not very nice, one year after you announced this as Prio 1 on your list.

Simon Hedges November 28, 2022

Hi - it's now 2 and half years since this feature was announced for Cloud.  Any progress on getting it into Server/Datacenter?

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2023

Recently Midori released an automation implementation dedicated to content lifecycle management in the Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud app!

TLDR; It offers auto-archive and delete for all Confluence Cloud editions. If you are using the Free tier, the auto-delete automaton is available for you as well!

confluence-automation.png

The new feature allows defining automation schemes which are collections of automations and which can be applied to any Confluence space. An automation itself is defined by:

🕐 a schedule (when to execute?)

📄 a CQL query (check out our awesome CQL example collection!)

⚡ and an action (what to do with them?)

It is an extensible framework that introduces the "archive" and "delete" actions in this release. If there is interest, we will introduce additional actions in the future.

Watch a tutorial video on how to archive Confluence pages automatically at scale >>

(Please note that Better Content Archiving is a free/paid and supported app, available for all deployment types and I'm part of the team developing it.)

Like • Aron Gombas _Midori_ likes this
Martin Flury April 3, 2024

@hilarydub Why can I access the archived pages only in the space settings?

I do not see them at the bottom of the page tree. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events