Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now only comment creators can edit their comments

Hi, I’m Hilary Dubin and I’m a Product Manager on Confluence Cloud.

As of today, 12/5/2019, space admins will no longer have the ability to edit users' comments on their Confluence Cloud site. For improved security and to underline Atlassian's commitment to openness, only comment authors will have the ability to edit their own comments. 

For background, space admins previously had the ability to edit comments created by users in their space. Our security team determined that granting comment-editing permission only to the commenter best preserves the privacy and integrity of our customers. This also minimizes the possibility of falsifying comments. Comment deletion permissions remain the same, as we understand that our customers encounter sensitive cases where comments need to be deleted by admins, HR, etc.

This change applies to all editions of Confluence Cloud (Free, Standard, Premium).

Thanks!

3 comments

Dan Winkler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

@hilarydub Thanks for the info.

I tried to read more about this issue at the link you provided, but I get a message that says "You can't view this issue."

hilarydub
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

@Dan Winkler Thanks for the feedback and for actively contributing to the community! My apologies for putting a bad link in there. Everything on the ticket is summarized in this post so for simplicity I've removed the link - it didn't add any additional value.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

Dara December 10, 2019

Good adjustment. Thank you for the update!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events