Navigate the page tree with more confidence

Hi Community,

Sometimes the title of a page isn’t enough to know for sure it’s the page you’re looking for when you’re navigating the page tree.

To help you get to the right page faster and with more confidence, we’re excited to announce hover page cards!

Now, when you hover over a page title in the page tree, you’ll see a page card:

hover-card.gif

Hover page cards gives you x-ray vision into the page: 

• ✅ See the full page title like you could with the previous tooltips
  • 🔍 View the excerpt of the page contents to know exactly what to expect before investing a click

• ✏️  Jump directly into edit mode to make updates

• ⭐️ Quickly see if this is a page you have starred

• ℹ️ See some useful information like the page’s creator, last time it was updated, # of comments, and # of likes

We hope this improvement helps you work in Confluence more efficiently!

14 comments

Diana Keeling June 3, 2021

I really like this feature.  When will it start showing up in our instance?

Like DJ Chung likes this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2021

@Diana Keeling - this feature is currently in roll out and if you haven't gotten it already you should see it within the next few weeks. 

Thank you for your feedback!

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2021

This looks great - can't wait to try it out!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

This is great! 😍 Can't wait to try it out.

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Does this work for anonymous users? 

Brianna Heßberger June 17, 2021

Is it possible to shut it off?

Like # people like this
Laura Rusenstrom June 17, 2021

@DJ Chung This looks handy! The description above says "view the excerpt into the page contents". Does this mean the page has to contain an excerpt macro for the hover page card to function in the page tree? I don't see any hover cards in our instance so I'm not sure if it's because the feature is not rolled out to us yet or because we don't typically use excerpts.

Chellie Esters June 17, 2021

@DJ Chung Will this only work for pages written with the new editor, or will it also work on pages written with the legacy editor?

Like Rose Eliff likes this
John Robbins June 21, 2021

I don't find this helpful.  How can I turn it off?

Like # people like this
Susanne Ertle June 21, 2021

How can I switch it off?
I work a lot on the same pages, I know what they are about. The cards pop up every time I move my cursor over the hierarchy even just very quickly, and the cards stay quite a while. I find this very annoying, especially when working on a small laptop, the hierarchy plus hover card take most of my screen.
If I can't switch it off, can you put at least a time limit, the time a cursor has to stay on a page link before the card is shown? That would eliminate the "unwanted" cards. But better provide an options somewhere for the user - not the admin - to switch it off.

Like # people like this
Kristian Haagensen June 22, 2021

@DJ Chung 

How do I remove this feature?

It is really annoying to my workflow.

Like # people like this
DJ Chung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hi all - thanks for all the feedback. If you'd like to turn off this feature:

• Click on your profile icon on the top right and click "Settings"
  • In the "Settings" tab, uncheck the option for Page card hover
Like # people like this
Chellie Esters July 6, 2021

Hi @DJ Chung, I've tried this feature for the past week. There are 2 things that I don't like:

1. Listing the author. Besides the fact that it is irrelevant information in this view, when an author is unlicensed, seeing it in this view is weird.
  2. When images are used, the file names are not parsed out from this view.

Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.47.35 PM.png

Like Noushin Consulting Ltd likes this
Michelle Smith November 21, 2021

I find it annoying that the hover card is listing the contents of a HIDDEN page properties macro.  Likewise, if the page was based on a template the hidden placeholder text is displayed.  So all my users are seeing is the description of the the template that was used to generate the page...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events