Microsoft OneDrive for Business integration for Confluence Cloud

69 comments

alampreave April 22, 2020

Hi, @Andrii Pinchuk  @Shrey 

(Also, of interest to @Kurt and @Ralf Schneider

The changes you guys made on the latest version finally brings SharePoint files compatibility, so we can now use the plugin to embed OneDrive files stored in SharePoint folders. Kudos for your fix!

Now, I realize the plugin can embed a OneDrive Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file in Confluence page, but…

Do you plan to add the functionality to visualize PDF files to the plugin? Lots of documentation are stored in PDF format and it would be terrific if those files stored in OneDrive & SharePoint could be embedded and displayed on Confluence…

Like Kurt likes this
Shrey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2020

Hi All,

We have added SharePoint support to this integration as well. Now, you can embed your word, powerpoint and excel files from both OneDrive for business and SharePoint to Confluence

Like # people like this
Morgan Daly April 24, 2020

Hello. What is the trick for getting SharePoint to work? I tried a SharePoint URL and was just told 

We couldn't display this document

Andrii Pinchuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2020

Hi @Morgan Daly 

Which type of document did you try to use? (we only support Word, Excel and PowerPoint)

if the document is supported could you please email me steps for producing such issue?

Thanks in advance,

My email - apinchuk@atlassian.com

Morgan Daly April 27, 2020

@Andrii Pinchuk Please refer to the attached images and this (example) link:

https://college.sharepoint.com/sites/ICT/_layouts/15/Doc.aspx?OR=teams&action=edit&sourcedoc={73098E10-304A-492C-99D4-A1F944C1EAD8}

I got the URL from the Teams interface. But made sure it was the SharePoint URL.

It was a Word file.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 2.49.01 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 2.41.12 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 2.40.37 pm.png

Andrii Pinchuk
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2020

Hi @Morgan Daly 

To be able to send requests for files to Microsoft we have a mapping between a Confluence user - Microsoft user. My assumption, that current results related to using wrong Confluence or Microsoft users.
According to that, you can try to do next:
- use another Confluence user and link this user with a user from Microsoft (which is a file owner)

Thanks,

Simon Decker June 16, 2020

Hi all,

Some question you can probably answer. 

1. Is a feature roadmap available?

2. Is directory listing of Sharepoint folders possible?

3. Is direct PDF and picture display in Confluence of Sharepoint content possible?

Best Regards,

alampreave June 16, 2020

Hi, @Simon Decker , great questions!

We also are very interested in PDF and pictures display from files stored in OneDrive folders, as this would make the plugin much more useful for creating content reusing existing documents.

luis June 17, 2020

Hi everyone,

@alampreave @Simon Decker I think Team Files app can answer to all your needs :)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1216862 

Note: I work at ikuTeam that develops the apps I mention here, so if you have any follow up questions, I’ll do my best to help.

• You can attach any type of file to your pages. You'll be able to preview PDF files, images, and Microsoft Office files (also editable with Microsoft 365, with the option to respect SharePoint permissions). You can also attach an entire folder (or as many as you need) to your page.
  • When you connect a SharePoint account, you'll see the directory listing to select the one you want to connect to the Confluence Space.You can also check the Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive app if you only use SharePoint and/or OneDrive (same features, but additional storage options are unavailable).

Further details:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Luis

Like Arthur Mack likes this
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2020

Hi @alampreave @Simon Decker 

As Luis pointed out there are commercial Apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace that go beyond of Atlassians basic offering. It might be worth checking those out. Other than the mentioned one there is also the SharePoint Connector for Confluence app that also works with OneDrive in Office 365.

Disclaimer: I'm working at Communardo, the company behind the mentioned SharePoint Connector App.

If you have any questions feel free to either reply or reach out to our support team.

Cheers, David

Andreas Prass January 8, 2021

Hi @shr ! Can you enlighten us why this is only available for Cloud? We are unable to move to the cloud version and have to stay on-prem. Yet I see no (technical) reason for Atlassian to only provide this integration in the cloud product. Or is there? Thanks!

David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2021

Hi @Andreas Prass While I can't comment on Atlassians plans here I just wanted to make you aware of the fact that our App SharePoint Connector for Confluence (mentioned and linked in the post above) also works with Confluence Data Center/Server and SharePoint OnPrem. It might be worth checking out.

I'm also happy to provide a personal demo and answer (hopefully) all of your questions in a one-to-one meeting. If you're interested please simply book a meeting here.

All the best, David

Co-Head of Products at Communardo

Sara Ledger February 24, 2021

Will there be any support for PDF's in OneDrive any time in the future?

Like alampreave likes this
luis February 24, 2021

Hello @Sara Ledger 

Just a quick note:

Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive app allows you to attach PDFs, images and Office 365 documents directly in any confluence page :) 

Note: I work at ikuTeam that develops the apps I mention here, so if you have any follow up questions, I’ll do my best to help.

• You can attach any type of file to your pages. You'll be able to preview PDF files, images, and Microsoft Office files (also editable with Microsoft 365, with the option to respect SharePoint permissions). You can also attach an entire folder (or as many as you need) to your page.
  • When you connect a SharePoint account, you'll see the directory listing to select the one you want to connect to the Confluence Space. 

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Luis

Like # people like this
Marcus Garrett September 8, 2021

Are you able to use Confluence's attachment filtering macro with your OneDrive files?

Alexandre Mendes _ikuTeam_ September 9, 2021

Hi Marcus,

Here is Alexandre from ikuTeam. Could you please elaborate more your use case? Then, I'll verify if our app can help you.

Meanwhile, you can try Microsoft SharePoint & OneDrive app to add file management capabilities to Confluence such as:

- attaching SharePoint and OneDrive files and folders to pages

- one-click editing Office 365 and Google Docs files

- connecting folders to spaces

Best regards,

Alexandre

Joseph Duncan March 3, 2022

-

Neil Ward March 8, 2022

Does this plug-in no longer work? I just added it to our Confluence and it doesn't show up in the list of objects that can be inserted on a page

Michael Ziegler May 23, 2023

hi

i just added "Microsoft OneDrive for Business - Legacy Editor Only" but i am not able

to add a link neither with /One.... nor with the insert macro (+) Button

i don´t find this macro?

BR

michael

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events