Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft OneDrive for Business integration for Confluence Cloud

69 comments

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2020

+1 Scarepoint O365

Mads Eibe Sørensen March 5, 2020

This is going to help my organisation a lot!

Unfortunately I also get the 503 error.

Alexia Bencini March 5, 2020

Are there any future plans to integrate in the same way with Google Drive?

Tom Crowley March 5, 2020

@Alexia Bencini They already do a Google Drive connector - it came out before the OneDrive one did. The Marketplace is currently down, but see here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/google-drive-macros-737182322.html

Like Alexia Bencini likes this
Nelson Pereira March 5, 2020

This integration is great. But if you want full Sharepoint support on Confluence or Jira, and not just OneDrive you need to check this: https://teamfiles.app

You can connect full folders, not just documents. :)

Shrey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2020

Thank you everyone for the feedback. We will look into support for SharePoint for this integration.

@Guen Dang @Mads Eibe Sørensen  can you please email me with the problem you are getting. Would like to see the steps you followed (sluthra at atlassian dot com)

Guen Dang March 5, 2020

Thanks @Shrey , it's working for me now

Mads Eibe Sørensen March 6, 2020

Hi Shrey

It works for me now too :-)

David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2020

This is a great way to share documents! However I'd like to point out that the App SharePoint Connector for Confluence does similar things for Confluence Cloud as well as Server and Data Center and integrates with SharePoint Online and Server as well as OneDrive.

You can give it a try (once the Marketplace is working again...) here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218247/sharepoint-connector-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Disclaimer: I'm the Head of Products for the vendor of the app ;)

Adam March 9, 2020

Really would like to use the feature but I'm also getting the 'We couldn't find a document at this URL'

The link generated from our OneDrive is also the same as that mentioned by another commenter.

https://admin<companyname>.sharepoint.com/:w:/s/projects/EYilErNQsnlOrqqNcj_WNsYBCWt8CGd2mBOoZKcv-YHY-Q?e=VpZh00

Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Melvin Isken March 9, 2020

@Adam FYI: at our configuration it magically started working about two days after I fist got that error.. I didn't change anything. Not really a solution but it may be worth not to care too much and check again tomorrow :-)

Like Adam likes this
Shrey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2020

@Adam do you mind emailing me (sluthra at atlassian dot com) with the steps your followed and the error you are getting.

Ralf Schneider March 10, 2020

We are using Office 365 and save files on OneDrive Business. It looks like that the Add-on ist not working with O365- OneDrive as the files are stored in SharePoint and the URL generated by OneDrive has the format "https://companyname.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/BILYTICS/EqW1UkpBzGdKotLJeS4B900BbN3zR73Rj5OZpqxBNSC3XA?e=JKJQnk

Like other users I'm also getting the 'We couldn't find a document at this URL' in the macro's preview.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Shrey
Atlassian Team
March 10, 2020

@Ralf Schneider can you please email me (sluthra at atlassian dot com) with the steps you followed and error you are getting.

Melvin Isken March 11, 2020

Just a note: make sure, the link you are integrating is a Word or Excel document. I can embed those files without problems, but using a link to a png picture for example also results in that error (couldn't find a document).

@Shrey  Maybe the error message should state "couldn't find a supported document at this URL, please make sure it's a supported file type: docx, [...]"

Like Shrey likes this
Edwin Chong March 16, 2020

Since its someone's Onedrive for Business, what happens to those documents when that user leaves the business?

Is it merely presenting the files within Confluence?

Thanks

Gerard Sala March 25, 2020

Hello All,

I just activated the plugin and test it with some Excel documents on a page, doing the following steps:

1- Go to OneDrive, select the Excel document, and choose the "Copy link" option

copy.jpg

2- Then paste it to the URL field in the OneDrive Confluence Macro, but the plugin doesn't find any document. Can someone help please?

link.jpg

Andrii Pinchuk
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2020

Hi @Gerard Sala 

Thank you for your feedback!

Could you please answer these questions:

1. Did you try to repeat this issue? ( just want to make sure that issue is persistent)
  2. Did you use the same Microsoft user in Confluence, which you used in OneDrive?
  3. Could you please try to put a share link directly on the Confluence page? Do you see the same behavior?
  4. Could you please share this link with me?

Could you please send me a mail with answers to these questions, my email - apinchuk@atlassian.com

I shared a record with my experience, please correct me if I am doing something wrong.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RNhCCyzXBe_Z4FZeqcCz-_oq4LuQgi3m/view?usp=sharing

Thank you,

Kurt March 26, 2020

@Gerard Sala@Ralf Schneider  
It's currently written to be, unfortunately, misleading for how most of us in the Office365 platform use OneDrive for Business.

This only supports the PERSONAL 1TB of storage your Office365 account gets in OneDrive. 

It does NOT support anything on SharePoint (which is how the large majority of us use SharePoint and OneDrive in the cloud).

I was super excited about this feature until I learned that major caveat.

alampreave March 26, 2020

Hi, @Andrii Pinchuk  @Shrey 
It looks like only documents stored on the personal files of the OneDrive Business account are displayable. Most organitzacions use Microsoft Teams shared folders for project documents, which are the ones most likely to be integrated as this is business information. Also, it's more easy to manage permissions. Otherwise, every file on my OneDrive would need for me to set up permissions about who can see it.
Moreover, if I want to add these files on Confluence, I may create a new Teams (SharePoint) global folder, with View permissions for all my organization, so there will be no problem in viewing them within Confluence... But to do this, the plugin needs to access those files, too
All these files get stored on a SharePoint site. Please, address this shortcoming as soon as possible. Otherwise, the uselessness of the plugin gets reduced drastically!

Does Atlassian have a timeline for this functionality to be added?

Like Gerard Sala likes this
Shrey
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2020

@alampreave would you be willing to have a call with us to discuss further about your needs. If so, you can email me at sluthra at atlassian dot com

Antonio Greco April 1, 2020

Hey Atlassian team,
this is awesome!

I have one question though: there is no way to leverage on confluence access rules, right?
Our confluence pages are accessed by hundreds of people from several different companies. Our O365 enterprise configurations don't let us share an excel file to the world, so there seems to be no easy way to embed an excel file and make it available to all those who have rights to access the confluence page..

Thanks

Nelson Pereira April 2, 2020

Hi @Antonio Greco ,

You can check the Team Files app. It does exactly what you're looking for. You can make files from OneDrive and Sharepoint available in Confluence to users that do not have an Office365 account. It will respect the Confluence page access permissions. Have a look here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216862

Disclaimer: I'm affiliated with the Team Files team. :)

Like Antonio Greco likes this
mladen_miljic April 3, 2020

Nice Idea, unfortunately does not work.

We do have business account.

Steps to reproduce: Select macro / paste URL / hit Insert.

Not much to do wrong here.

Shrey
Atlassian Team
April 3, 2020

@mladen_miljic could you please email me with exact steps you took (including screenshots). sluthra at atlassian dot com

Shrey

Confluence Cloud team

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events