Do more directly from the Confluence page tree

Hi Community,

My name is Andrew, and I’m an engineer focused on making easier for you to navigate and find content in Confluence. I’m excited to share that you can now perform multiple actions to a page… without ever opening it. How? Directly from the pages in the sidebar! The goal is to save you time so you can keep your momentum while moving work forward.

How does it work?

Hover over a page title in the sidebar of the space and select the ••• button. You’ll see actions you can take on the page directly from the page tree, without having to click to open the page.

160bc110-0b29-477a-bf7b-5601bfea5947.gif

Take any of these action from the page title in the sidebar:

• Edit — Jump into editing without having to navigate to the page and select edit

• Rename — Change the page’s title directly in the page tree

• Star — Add or remove a page from your list of starred pages

• Get link — Copy the page URL to your clipboard

• Copy — Duplicate the page within the current space or into another one

• Move — Move the page to a new place in the current space or into another one

• Archive — Remove the page from sidebar and search results

If you don’t have the permission to do an action like edit a page, that action will be greyed out for you.

We hope this feature helps you get your work done in Confluence faster! This feature is rolling out now and should reach all instances over the next few weeks. Leave any questions or feedback below!

9 comments

Maurice Pasman July 14, 2021

What's the deal with all the icons in the titles? Are they mandatory? :-)

Like # people like this
Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2021

@Maurice Pasman The icons map to the actions used in other places in Confluence. They are meant to give those used to scanning for icons an even quicker way to pick from the list.  Are you asking if it's mandatory that they are there, like you want to just see the labels?  

Maurice Pasman July 26, 2021

I was commenting on the icons in front of the page titles, not the ones in the context-menu :)

Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2021

ooooooo...gotcha @Maurice Pasman.

Being able to add an emoji to a page title is an option for page authors that will be rolling out soon.  

Sorry for the confusion!

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2021

Fabulous!!!

Julie Leonard August 10, 2021

I am not seeing the 3 dots when I hover. Is that something that needs to be turned on by an admin? 

Traci Wilbanks
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2021

Hiya @Julie Leonard

This doesn't need to be turned on by an admin. The rollout of the feature should be complete by the end of next week. You'll be seeing it soon. It's definitely worth the wait. It's a great feature!

Like Julie Leonard likes this
Seyfettin Kurt August 11, 2021

👏👏👏

martina.arnold-menn August 30, 2021

quite the thing I needed

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events