Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content icons, drag and drop, and more for Confluence shortcuts!

Hi Community,

Today, I’m happy to announce a few updates to Confluence shortcuts including content icons, drag and drop, and quick delete functionality.

What are Confluence shortcuts?

Shortcuts are curated links that are always visible in a space’s side navigation. The purpose of shortcuts is to make it easy to find important and frequently accessed content. Shortcuts can be any link! It can be a Confluence page or a link to any other content.

The latest updates for shortcuts!

🔗 Shortcuts now stand out with icons that indicate what type of link it is. Icons automatically render so there’s no uncertainty if you’re clicking on a Confluence page or another type of content.

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.02.19 AM.png

😎 Drag and drop directly from the side navigation. Easily reorder shortcuts just the way you want!

dragdrop-shortcuts (1).gif

⭐️ Quickly remove shortcuts, in one click:

delete-shortcuts (1).gif

This feature is currently rolling out so if you don’t see it in your Confluence Cloud instance today, it should come to your site soon.

These updates are just the beginning of our work to make organizing Confluence even simpler. We hope you enjoy! Please let us know if you have any questions or comments below.

5 comments

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2022

@DJ Chung Thanks for sharing this. 

Like catherine.birtles likes this
Logi Helgu July 8, 2022

Looks like a nice improvement :)

I'll admit I don't use the shortcuts much but a college showed me a great use of this by keeping track of the next planned meeting notes.  So we create meeting notes pages and for upcoming events...but they are stored 2-3 levels down on most spaces and usually in a long list if meetings are frequent...so adding a shortcut link to the next meeting is a great use of the shortcut feature and then just removing it after the meeting (and replace with the next planned ;) I always just used to to link to external content and fixed...never thought of it this way for temporary things <3

Like # people like this
Logi Helgu July 8, 2022

I'd love to be able to quickly add a page to the shortcuts list of a space when I'm on in (single click like the favorite/watch star)...(not having to copy the page url and got to edit schortcuts and paste the url) but this would be a very low priority and "nice to have" since it's just saving the 2 clicks ;)

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2022

Looks great! Really useful UI improvements 🙌

Like Srinatha T likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2022

This will shave minutes off of Shortcut administration, I love this simple yet powerful update.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events