Confluence Space Permissions and Page Restrictions - sign up to give us feedback!

Hi Community!

I’m Wei, a Product Manager for Confluence. We are hoping to improve how you use your spaces and pages. Namely; how you share content with teammates, collaborate across your organization, and manage visibility of your spaces and pages.

We’re really excited about what this could look like but we need your help! We’re currently looking to interview a bunch of customers to learn about your experiences and hear your feedback on our planned improvements. During the 30 minute interview, we hope to cover topics including, but not limited to:

• Creating spaces and managing Space Permissions for members who work within your space

• Adding new collaborators to spaces as your company has grown

• Setting Page Restrictions for pages that you own and collaborate on

• Viewing and sharing pages with your team and externally

If you feel like any of the above is related to you and you use Confluence frequently, then we want to talk to you! If you are interested, schedule a call with us here.

5 comments

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Wei Heng ,

is this just about Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server as well?

Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Thomas Schlegel

Regardless of whether you are on Cloud or Server version of Confluence, I'd love to hear about your experience managing pages and spaces. Schedule a call here.

James Bullock September 9, 2019

Hi Wei. Congratulations on your gig.

I'm not the target for this survey, If you'll pardon my intrusion, I noticed the questions above are about page access controls, and the community hereabouts tends to be heavy toward KMS administrators, both content and tech. So, how to get perspective from the people who make and use content to do their jobs, and governance /sponsors who have a KMSes in place for ... whatever their reasons?

• A survery provides the answers from the people who answer, which isn't everybody.
  • Multiple constituencies have different payoffs from an information system.

The canonical example of single-constituency optimization causing problems is change "management" systems so bullet-proof you can't actually change anything. (There's cheaper ways to not ever change anything, if that's what you need.) That's one constituency -- the people who hate, hate, hate, "bad changes" -- running amok without the people who have to do changes (engineeers / users), and the people who need changes to happen (users, sponsors, ultimately investors.)This is often a silent failure, as doing the work moves elsewhere, unreported.

In all events, thank youi for reaching out to customers and users to try to understand what's valuable to them. Well done -- you sustain my fan-boy hope for this company vs. some other things they (you) have done of late.

Deleted user September 10, 2019

We are evaluating Confluence right now for our company. The biggest issue regarding access management is the ability to share a single page within a space via a simple link to external (non registered) users. We don't want these users to register and we don't want another user on our plan for every shared link. Just a simple one click Solution to get this over with. Similar to Dropbox, Notion and many others... I saw that you are going to (maybe) address this in the future but 12 Months?!... Man you are moving SLOW 🐌😳 

Wei Heng
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

@[deleted] thanks for considering Confluence. If you want to provide us this feedback and other concerns you have related to sharing a page outside a space, do sign up to chat with us! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events