A look at Atlassian's Marketing team homepage πŸ‘€

Hi Confluence Community,

I'm Alison and I'm a Marketing Program Manager at Atlassian. Part of my role is enabling our growing 300+ person team to get their best work done by sharing resources and comms in one central place. The Marketing space homepage is designed as a one stop shop for everything teammates need to know about how we're structured, our goals, and what we're working on to get there. The homepage is divided into three sections: Teams, News, and Vision. Take a look and let me know what you think- I'd love to hear how others organize their team space.

1. Teams: Link to sub-team spaces

• As the TEAM company, we know the power of working cross-functionally. Our Marketing org is comprised of 20+ skilled teams from Creative to Paid Performance, Analytics to Product Marketing, every team uses Confluence. This section links to other team spaces making it easy to discover what others are working on and how they can work better together.
  • Some team spaces are visitor-friendly whereas others are simply an area for all their work. To orient myself to a new space, I find it helpful to use the Blog feed on the left hand menu to see recent news from a team.

2. News: Blog Feed

• The blog feed macro displays the most recent blogs. Marketing United is our weekly newsletter from our CMO and guest commentators on the greater Marketing team. This is the best way for people to see a quick summary of what's happening across our 20+ teams and is another way to build connections across teams and time zones.

3. Vision

• These resources remind us of our North Star throughout the year and help the Marketing org prioritize the work at hand. 
    • Annual OKR pages and dashboards
    • Town Hall agendas, recordings, and decks
    • Team Slack channel deep link to reach us
    • Onboarding program information

Bonus* Easter Egg: I have a surprise hidden on this page to keep things delightful. Can you find it and guess where it leads to?

I'd like to wrap up by saying that Confluence is a powerful tool that can be used by all teams. There are many ways that you can structure your space to keep everyone organized and aligned- this is just one way ;)

Cheers,

Alison

MarketingSpace.png

6 comments

Courtney Langdon February 7, 2020

LOVE this! I especially appreciate the way you broke this down, particularly the three larger categories with corresponding graphics at the top of the page. It's so clean, and it emphasizes that you have to get people's attention at the beginning when they start reading from top to down. Urgent or important stuff goes at the top, and less urgent or FYI stuff goes further down the page.

I give this homepage a rating of AWESOME. :D

seal_of_approval.jpg

Like β€’ Alison likes this
Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Thanks @Courtney Langdon !!! :3

Like β€’ BiancaE likes this
Todd Thomas February 13, 2020

I like this layout as well!

Is that list of Spaces you linked in Confluence manually created, or are you using a method/app to generate that list? One of our issues in our organization is that new Spaces are added often. Trying to keep a list of Spaces manually updated would be a challenge. Is there a way to dynamically create a list of Spaces, for example, all Spaces with a certain category?

Alison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2020

Thanks @Todd Thomas - I manually linked the list of spaces but you could try using the Space List macro - you can set a parameter for spaces by category.

Alex Ormerod February 13, 2020

This is really cool to see @Alison - good clear layout. Just out curiosity what sort of content do the team spaces contain - I'm assuming it changes per space, but would you generally find campaign plans, personas, project documentation etc within them? I'm currently working to increase our business's use of confluence and ensuring each team and division has the correct space setup - so this info and overview of how you use it within marketing is awesome - thanks! 

Alison
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2020

Thanks @Alex Ormerod ! Your assumption is correct - content varies per team space but generally you can find campaign plans + timelines (using roadmaps macro), creative assets, and an introduction to the team - what they're working on, who they are, and how to best work with them e.g. service desk, Slack channel, etc.  I'd say the team introduction is the unifier between all these teams spaces - it's valuable for collaborators and new hires as a starting place to orient themselves.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events