A New Home for Tasks

Hi, I’m Kai Chen, an engineer focused on building collaboration loops in Confluence, which are features that help teams move work forward more effectively together.

The world of work has fundamentally shifted in the past two years to fully embrace distributed work. Tasks in Confluence connect work across different products and contexts, so flexible and simple experiences with tasks are key to achieving goals quickly with your team. I’m excited to share that you can now view all of your tasks in one place on Confluence Home. This update makes finding key tasks, staying updated, and closing the loop on action items now easier than ever.

🎓 A Little Graduation

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.42.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.44.26 AM.png

Based on our deep dive into workflows with our users, we created better ways to check and report on the work you have in Confluence. Before, finding your assigned tasks required you to navigate to your profile in the navigation bar under a menu option. Now, checking on your tasks is conveniently accessible on your Home page via a new “Task” option on the left-hand side. We’ve improved sorting, categorizing, and filtering to keep things moving because finding your work easily is crucial to an efficient workflow.

🔍 New Task Filters

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 11.50.03 AM.png

When viewing your tasks, you can now use new categories to filter and find the tasks you want to work on. Selecting one or more users for the “Creator” filter will display tasks published by specific people that assigned the task to you, and the “Due Date” filter allows you to find tasks that are due within a specific time frame.

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.40.31 PM.png

You can also combine filters such as a custom due date range, page, and space to check for tasks with greater precision. By finding specific tasks quickly, you can focus on the most relevant work at the right times.

Sort or Group Tasks

Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.51.03 PM.png          Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.51.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 12.52.00 PM.png

Change the column to display the most useful information to you about your tasks – space, assignee, or creator of the task. Use the new sorting features to sort alphabetically or by due dates to reach the most time-sensitive work.

Getting to Done, From Home!

taskHomeDemo.gif

Between tasks assigned to you and those created by yourself, completing a task will automatically check it off on its respective Confluence page. You can also click on the title of the page the task is on to get more contextual information. Although checking off a task will remove it from your task list, you can always use the “Status” filter for completed tasks to see what you’ve finished in the past.

Conclusion

Being able to see all your action items in one place provides an actionable springboard for managing your workflow. More importantly, having the flexibility to quickly find relevant tasks can accelerate and simplify the way teams can collaborate together.

We’re looking forward to sharing this new experience as we roll out to your Confluence Cloud instance soon! Tell us how we can continue to improve your workflow in Confluence in the comments below as you try out tasks in their new Home.

22 comments

Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2023

Das sieht toll aus - wir freuen uns darauf - wann wird es in Deutschland verfügbar sein?

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2023

Welcoming these changes @Kai Chen !

Like # people like this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2023

Tasks, you made it to the big time!

Thanks @Kai Chen

Like # people like this
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2023

Good stuff, @Kai Chen ! Keep it up!

Like # people like this
Kai Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2023

@Gaby Thanks! We're looking to roll this out to our customers starting this week so hold tight.

Like # people like this
Lynne Craig March 14, 2023

@Kai Chen I just went in to try it out and it looks like we don't have it yet. How do we find out when this will roll out for our company? I'm excited to share this with my account services team!

Like # people like this
Carla Olynyk March 15, 2023

@Kai Chen I looked at my Confluence Home wiki and I do not have the Tasks link yet.  When will this be activated?  My Confluence url is:  https://alphia.atlassian.net/wiki/home

Like # people like this
Chuck March 15, 2023

Are you still in the process of rolling this out to customers?  If so is there a timeline on when it should be expected?  

Like # people like this
Cricket Williams March 15, 2023

Hi @Kai Chen,   I looked at my Confluence Home wiki and I do not have the Tasks link yet.  When will this be activated? This will be an awesome feature!

Like # people like this
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2023

There is a long standing request for being able to assign Tasks to multiple people/Permission levels .. is this also coming soon?

Like Julia Hager likes this
RamR March 15, 2023

Available on standard or only for premium?

Like Diogo Teles likes this
Risto Soila March 15, 2023

Not available on my home page! Is there some special setting to make?

Like # people like this
Gaby
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 16, 2023

@Kai Chen 

Hallo Kai,

unsere Nutzer in Deutschland warten dringend auf dieses Feature.
Wir sind Confluence Cloud Premium Kunden (Atlassian Server in DE-Frankfurt). Das wird dann sicherlich auch alle europäischen Kunden betreffen.

Also noch einmal die Bitte: Wann wird das neue Aufgabenfeature in Deutschland ausgerollt?

Vielen Dank im Voraus für Ihre schnelle Antwort.

Grüße aus Deutschland - Gaby

Like Michael Stockmann likes this
Witcher March 16, 2023

Not available on my confluence. Is it for premium only?

Like Diogo Teles likes this
Pankaj Kumar Singh March 16, 2023

Good to see, I hope it becomes as useful for one of the task mgmt challenges. :-)  

Like Cindy Ji likes this
Yiota Kaili March 17, 2023

When is this change going to be available?

Like sfazosfazakis likes this
Marcel Peifer April 2, 2023

When will this feature be available in New Zealand? Thanks!

Victoria Land May 1, 2023

We are using Confluence Cloud - when can we look forward to seeing this feature? thanks

Anirudh Rapolu May 1, 2023

@Kai Chen Can you confirm if this feature is already available? If not, when will this rolled out to the customers?

Rafael Pinto de Matos May 9, 2023

Right, brilliant! The waiting is excruciating — we're close to 2 months since it was announced and... still don't have it. Bummer...

Please?

zhang qx July 20, 2023

Brilliant feature, very useful 

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2023

I know that this is an older post, but I have a question regarding it. Is there a way to edit the task list on the home page to show what project the task is coming from? We have users who work in multiple projects an that would be such a helpful feature. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events