Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now available: Statuspage integration for Compass!

Hello! I’m Nancy, a PM on the Statuspage team. We’re excited to announce that we’ve just launched a Statuspage integration for Compass.

The Statuspage integration allows customers the ability to connect a Compass component to a component in Statuspage. From this, customers can then set an incident or maintenance in the context of the component in Compass without having to go to their Statuspage site. 

Steps to map a Compass component with a Statuspage component:

First install the Statuspage app using your Statuspage API key:

sp-1.png

You should see a list of your status pages and select the page that you want to connect:

sp-2.png

Once you're successfully connected your page, head back and click into one of your components/services and click on the new Statuspage tab on the left:

sp-3.png

Once you click into the Statuspage app, you’ll be prompted to select a component on your Statuspage to connect/link to:

sp-4.png

Once you’ve linked together your components, you should now see the status of your component:

sp-5.png

Click into Create Incident to enter the details of the incident and the status. You can also select the operational status of the component just as you would in Statuspage.

sp-6.png

Once you hit update you will see the that the Component status will change and will also tell your component's Component Uptime:

sp-7.png

Your public status page will be updated to reflect your current incident and component degradation:

sp-8.png
You can do the same with the create maintenance button and schedule a maintenance within the Compass just as you would with Statuspage.

Note: please make sure that you have a non trial, public facing Statuspage to allow this integration to work.

Built on Forge

We built this integration on the Atlassian Forge platform. To learn how to build your own integrations for Compass, visit https://go.atlassian.com/compass-developer

4 comments

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Exciting news!  Thanks for sharing @Nancy Shao!

Like # people like this
Ole Øyvind Skaaret May 23, 2022

Hi @Nancy Shao,

We just started using Compass and this have grate potensial for us. Currently we use a Private Statuspage.

Are you planning to support Private pages? 

I have tested with an Audience-specific page, but I get "Unexpected error in app"

Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2022

Hey @Ole Øyvind Skaaret 👋  It's Dave from the Compass product team. At the moment the Statuspage<>Compass integration only supports public status pages. I would love to learn more about your use case though - would you be interested in a quick zoom chat sometime? If so, please feel free to email me at dparrish at atlassian dot com.

Like Ole Øyvind Skaaret likes this
Michael Wright August 23, 2023

Hi @Dave Parrish _Atlassian_  we also see great value in having this functionality onour audience specific page we are currently using.  Is this something that is currently being considered and if not can we put in a feature request for? We would like to be able to link to status page components in our service catalogue from Compas. Happy to give further details for its use case. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events