Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get your own LEGO set and become a Compass Champion

It’s easy - just onboard 10 of your colleagues!

Compass mission control.png

Become a Compass champion at your organization

Compass is better with friends. Sharing your free component catalog across your organization reduces cognitive load and knowledge silos, and helps your devs collaborate effectively with greater autonomy. Simply bring 10 or more of colleagues into your Compass instance to become a champion and earn your prize. Here’s how:

1. 💻 Log in to your Compass instance or sign-up for free today

2. 🙋‍♀️ Invite at least 10 of your colleagues and get them to explore the Compass home page

3. 🎁 Be on the lookout for your LEGO set!

Help your friends get started in Compass

Welcome email template for DevEx/Platform champions:

Hi Team,

We're currently evaluating Compass, a software catalog and developer portal solution from Atlassian, to help our teams do the following:

• Keep track of who owns what
  • Understand our DevOps health
  • Maintain service/Ops readiness as we continue to grow

I've included a quick video from the Compass team to explain the setup.

In addition, there's a walkthrough when you log in for the first time to help get you oriented. It would be great to hear what you think.

Questions about the program?

Send a message in Compass via the chat bubble for questions about eligibility.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 10.14.03 AM.png

Haven’t tried Compass yet? Sign-up today!

24 comments

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Nice! I've personally checked out Compass but it might be tricky to get 10 people to try it out as we're a small company. I'm huge LEGO (and Atlassian) fan, so is there maybe any other way to get this LEGO set🙃

Like # people like this
Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2023

Seconding what @Tomislav Tobijas said.   If there's another way to earn the Lego set, I'd be super interested.

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

I'm with @Tomislav Tobijas and @Ken McClean - pretty tricky to get 10 people to try it out since there are only 8 devs at my company. 🙃 Sharing with the team though since this is a great tool!

Like # people like this
Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2023

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We're thrilled by everyone's interest and participation. We're piloting this giveaway program and we may expand eligibility in the future. We'll likely have other opportunities to win a LEGO set, so please stay tuned for future updates and promotions!

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Invite at least 10 of your colleagues and get them to explore the Compass home page - Done ✅

Be on the lookout for your LEGO set! -- I can't wait to get my LEGO! 😀

Like # people like this
kimberly deal May 10, 2023

I need that Mini Fig!  :D.  Then I can have have a Sig Fig that is fully representative of my Atlassian Love!

But the requirements for this are not possible to do in an Enterprise Environment, where all tools introduced to the environment have to go through a full security and approval process.   Would love to have another way to be a Compass Champion, as I personally think this is a fantastic product. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

The only challenge here as others mentioned is sharing with 10 colleagues. Working for a financial institution this task will be hard to achieve as I will be looked at as a spam trigger.

I will mention it during standup meeting if I get the ok I will share it with coworkers

Thanks!

Fadoua 

Like # people like this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Hi as part of a globally distributed team do we all have to attend the same timezone session? Or could we just attend the one most appropriate to each staff members timezone? 

Thanks

Phill

Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2023

@Phill Fox hello and thanks for your question! The office hour program mentioned in the post is purely optional for this giveaway. We recommend sharing it with your colleagues to help them learn more about Compass, ask questions, and see live demos, but won't affect your eligibility for the LEGO set.

We hope your team enjoys Compass. Please let us know what you think or if we can help you get started.

James_Crowe May 11, 2023

Hi, we've enabled the compass and invite users to begin trialing. I'm not the organization admin that enabled Compass, I just asked them to enable it. Am I still eligible for the Lego set? Thanks

Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2023

@James_Crowe thanks for the update! Can you please send us a message in from your Compass site via the chat bubble?

Like James_Crowe likes this
Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
May 12, 2023

@Ollie Guan thanks for your interest in the giveaway! Can you please send me a message from your Compass site via the chat bubble?

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Ken McClean
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2023

@Wayne DaileyI'm working on inviting 10 colleagues. What's the time limit on this?  I might need til the end of the day

Like Monique vdB likes this
Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
May 12, 2023

@Ken McClean we haven't yet set a date when the giveaway will end, but rest assured it's not ending today! You'll need to invite 10 colleagues and get them to sign in so they can explore Compass. Let us know if we can help point you or your team to resources as you get started.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 14, 2023

@Wayne Dailey - I am going over all the documentation to find out that compass is not available for DataCenter users. At this point, I won't be able to share with coworkers since we are DC users.

Best,

Fadoua

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2023

Thank you for this contest 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Wayne Dailey  I could have sworn I saw your reply but wasn't able to find it. Is there a way to get access to Compass for DC users? Because I spoke with my team and they are willing to give it a try.

Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2023

@Fadoua Compass is offered as a cloud product and there is no plan for Compass to be available on-prem (data center). However, Compass can integrate with self-hosted tools and works quite well with a combination of on-prem/cloud toolchains. We offer a wide range of integrations with other cloud tools and you can easily build DC integrations with our open APIs. Hope this helps you try out Compass! Let us know if we can help with your specific use case.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

Thank you very much for taking time and getting back to me @Wayne Dailey !

Like Wayne Dailey likes this
Tom Whittle June 9, 2023

Just completed this got 19 users at the moment. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks at my org 😀.

Like Wayne Dailey likes this
Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
June 9, 2023

@Tom Whittle that's awesome to hear!! 🙌 Can you please send me a message from your Compass site via the chat bubble?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2023

got it! tks @Wayne Dailey 

微信图片_20230613154038.jpg

Like # people like this
Wayne Dailey
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2023

Woohoo! 🎉 Glad to hear it arrived @Ollie Guan!

Like Ollie Guan likes this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2023

let's rock!

微信图片_20230614200939.jpg

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events