Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown Custom Fields are here!

What happens when a custom field... is too custom? 

Sometimes, it's great when your team can enter their own field values. Sometimes it's not a preset list. But when you are dealing with compliance, or finance, or sales, or really any topic that requires analysis, it's helpful to have your team pick from a standardized set of options instead. 

Announcing, Dropdown Custom Fields! 

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.50.39 PM.png

We have recently shipped a new custom field type that allows you to enter options at setup, and your devs can either select a single or multiple options. Simple as that! (Yes, it works with config-as-code too.) 

Check out some more examples below, and let us know how you'll use the dropdown. What would you like to see next?

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.58.01 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-17 at 1.55.47 PM.png

3 comments

Garyl Paras August 25, 2023

Any plans on adding this to the scorecards and filters? Thanks!

Like # people like this
Patrick Hill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2023

Thanks @Garyl Paras We'll be adding Scorecard criteria and filters for this in component search in the future - we'd love to hear how you'd want to utilise criteria for these fields, or in filters when searching for components.

Like shall likes this
shall October 5, 2023

@Patrick Hill I was just looking for the feature @Garyl Paras is talking about. I'd like to use Scorecards to ensure certain dropdown fields are filled in, but this does not seem possible at this time.

I would use filters with to check dependencies by our dropdown field selection.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events