Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Preview: Announcements

Hi everyone, I'm Shafqat — a developer on Compass — and I wanted to share a "behind the scenes" moment with you.

We run regular innovation weeks; these give us a chance to break out of our planned roadmap and explore ideas that seem interesting. One of the nice things about working on a dev-centric tool like Compass is how naturally we can empathise with many of our users — we've got a lot of shared experiences. Being able to take that understanding and "scratch our own itch" led to a new feature we call... Announcements!

Think of announcements as a way to communicate news about your component to anyone who depends on it. For example, say you’re deprecating an API in your service; you can use announcements to broadcast this news to every component that depends on your service. Components that receive your announcement can also acknowledge them, letting you know who has, and has not heard about your change.

Here's a walk-through of an early demo that goes over the feature:

Announcements is nearly ready for a production release and we're excited to see this "experimental" idea reach customers. Let me know if this seems like something you'd find useful in your day-to-day, plus any thoughts you have on where we should take Announcements in the future.

- The Compass team

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events