Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update #7 on the community kudos beta

Hello and happy new year, friends!

Previous beta updates can be found here.

Reminder: For anyone who enjoys contests, we now have an Atlassian Community Contests group that's worth a join! 

Reminder: The “Pardon Our Dust” badge is still active as we are still having intermittent issues with registering actions on the platform. (Clearing your cache is a good first step.) We have a plan to make some back-end updates and I’ll keep you posted on our progress.

Updated: The kudos search has been updated. You can now search for names with spaces in them if you use the + sign in place of a space. For example, Monique+vdb will find me. Give it a try! Note: We are working on an update that will do this for you automatically when you enter a space. Stay tuned. 

Updated: Some of our actions have been updated on the back end, requiring manual changes to some of our challenges. Please let me know in the comments here if any of your challenges do not seem to be working the way they should be so we can troubleshoot any remaining issues. 

Coming soon: If you work for Atlassian, you may have seen a mysterious challenge in your kudos inbox. More information on that, and a real earnable challenge, is coming soon!  

New:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 2.11.34 PM.png

Sharing Is Caring is a new daily badge awarded for sharing community content on social media via our new Share feature. If you see something share-worthy, we’d love for you to pass it along to others.   

New: Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 12.54.00 PM.png

Leader Approved is back and working correctly! If a Community Leader likes or upvotes one of your posts, you will get a 10-point bonus. This is repeatable up to 10 times per day and helps reward quality content.  Leaders, the community is counting on you: go forth and Like!

New:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 1.08.08 PM.png

Bitbucket badges! I’m excited to say we’ve released our first Bitbucket-specific challenges.  This series rewards users who get answers accepted in the Bitbucket collection.  You will also see the next badge in the series, which you unlock by completing the previous one. There are five badges total.   Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 1.37.26 PM.png

Here is a feed of unanswered Bitbucket questions. Note you need to get your answers accepted to earn these badges, so high-quality answers are encouraged!

Coming soon will be a similar series for another of our products. Any guesses? 

That's all the updates for today, I hope you enjoy the new badges. Oh, and if you can't see any of these? You can always request to join the kudos program and we'll make it happen!

19 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

@Monique vdB - yes! Finally, I can find certain folks easier... of course, others like Jack will still be tough to find. 😉

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 21, 2022

@Dave Liao he updated his name and we updated it in kudos too! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 2.36.40 PM.png

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

@Monique vdB - finally! 💥

Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2022

@Monique vdB 

- why do I have 2 scrollbars?

- how many challenges are now shown in the list?

if it doesn't show all available challenges, maybe it would be better if the 2nd level challenges (the 2 grey ones in the screen) wouldn't show up

- it it possible to sort them between normal and daily repeatable challenge instead of sory by name

grafik.png

Like Monique vdB likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2022

This is great, now I'm able to search most of the community leaders  to award them kudos :)

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

IMHO, JSM answered questions should count toward the Jira Teacher badge. :-)

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2022

Thanks for sharing these updates, @Monique vdB ! I am very happy to know and see the "Search" feature improvement in Kudos program.

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2022

@Monique vdB  I have one issue in search  not able to find Fabian Lim, I tried many ways but still not able to search him to give kudos :(

Can you please suggest

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
January 25, 2022

@Vishwas thanks for the report! We'll look into that, I am seeing the same issue. In the meantime, here is the link to Fabian's profile where you can give kudos. 

Like Vishwas likes this
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2022

Thanks @Monique vdB that link worked for me 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 25, 2022

@Josh Costella  I think you're gong to really like our upcoming update.....  😉

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 3.15.22 PM.png

Like Josh Costella likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 25, 2022

Maybe I should change it to JSM Teacher to be less formal, wdyt @Josh Costella 

Like Josh Costella likes this
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

I think JSM Teacher is better since you already have it spelled out with the description. :-)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
January 26, 2022

@Josh Costella I agree with you! And the badges are out now. :) 

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.57.48 PM.png

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2022

@Monique vdB thanks for the help on searching for names!  Especially @Jack Brickey that was a hard one to find!

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2022

@Monique vdB Hey-o. I published an article today but it doesn't look like I got the Article Author 250 kudos. :-)

Article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Cloud-Admins-articles/Start-with-Why/ba-p/1936236#U1948542 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
February 18, 2022

@Josh Costella terrific article! It looks like the action didn't trigger for some reason; we're working on a fix to make action triggers more reliable. In the meantime I've awarded you the badge!

Like # people like this
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2022

@Monique vdB Woohoo! Thanks. I'm borderline unhealthily addicted to the kudo points LOL. 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Thanks for sharing this @Monique vdB 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events