HipChat & Stride are no more, all hail the Slack!

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

As you may have heard (or not?!) HipChat and Stride are being discontinued and Atlassian is partnering up with Slack to create better Slack integrations with the Atlassian Suite.

Thanks to @Mathy Vanvoorden we now know a bit more about the ins and outs of Slack. You couldn't make it to ABUG-20? You can watch a recording on YouTube.

So Slack is one of the alternatives but I'm sure there are plenty others. Which ones are you looking into?

1 comment

Comment

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2018

Slack is great but it is not an answer for companies who want to have their chat conversations in their own datacenter. And yes, those still exist in 2018 :-)

There are not many on premise alternatives. We are looking at RocketChat. I have little experience with it so far...

Another competitor for the Microsoft-oriented organizations is Microsoft Teams.

Mathy Vanvoorden November 20, 2018

As far as I know there is no on premise solution for Microsoft Teams?

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

That's correct; I was wrong about that back then.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events