cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: Expectations

Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 14, 2019

Another Topic Tuesday!  Sheesh, time sure flies...

So, as I have browsed the other communities here on https://community.atlassian.com, I realized that there are a lot of different types of communities, each with it's own set of members.  As a member myself, my time is limited so I only join the communities where I feel I learn valuable info and/or be able to contribute the same for others. 

So my question to all y'all is what are you hoping to get out of this community?  Do you want an informal place to reach out when you need help?  Would you like it to be a place where people post useful info they have come across?  Or would you like periodic Skype/Zoom calls to augment our in-person events? Or is it somewhere in between all those things?

What are you hoping to see?

See the source image

1 comment

Comment

Laura McGuinn May 15, 2019

Hi Wade, Thanks for the post and the subsequent laugh (#GoFast). I am not sure what I am expecting. I am new to any of these communities. 

Potentially...

• Best Practices
  • Advanced Topics
  • Information others have found helpful and productive

Thoughts?

Laura McGuinn, CSPO

Wade Tracy _Boise_ ID_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2019

@Laura McGuinn thanks for the response!  I think your ideas sound great--it will be interesting to hear what others think and see how aligned we are. 

I think where I'm really heading with this is to help us all understand what we expect from each other.  A good example is your idea of "Information others have found helpful and productive".  If everyone feels the same then we will know others are expecting us to share tips and tricks we have discovered.  If, on the other hand, everybody wants a place to be able to ask questions and get answers, then the expectation would be that we check in from time to time and answer any questions we may have.

Of course we should also realize that this group is just one corner of https://community.atlassian.com and there are plenty of places to ask questions, get information, etc.  I think this group is fun because we can go to events and meet each other.  Sometimes it's easier to get help from people you already know.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events