Create on Transition for Jira- Bob Swift Add-ons

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Hey,

I’m using "Create on Transition for Jira"-  Bob Swift plugin and I’m trying to create another issue when transition is move to done.

So I created post function and the problem is that I want the new assignee will be copy from CF type user picker in the triggered issue.

I tried to look for an answer in their documentation but could not find it..

I need your help!

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom March 27, 2018

It sounds like https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/CSOT-306 on Bob Swift's own Jira may be helpful. 

If you can't get at the URL, here's the basics:

"You want to use the value of the custom field from the original issue or the parent issue. So, for example: %original_Approval%. That can be a multi picker field or select list. You don't want %values_...% which returns the configured field options."

So you'd set the Assignee dropdown to Specific User (I think, you might have to try the different options), and then the text field next to it would have the substitution variable %original_MyFieldName% (or possibly %parent_MyFieldName%, depending on if the value has changed since the parent was created.)

Neta Elyakim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2018

Hey,

The solution was %parent_customfield_10500%

אריג' חמדאן February 15, 2019

Hi

just want to thank you a lot for sharing the solution.

i have the same problem and  also tried to look for an answer in their documentation but either could not find it', and sharing your solution had save me and help me!!!

thanks again :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events