Create on Transition for Jira- Bob Swift Add-ons

Hey,

I’m using "Create on Transition for Jira"-  Bob Swift plugin and I’m trying to create another issue when transition is move to done.

So I created post function and the problem is that I want the new assignee will be copy from CF type user picker in the triggered issue.

I tried to look for an answer in their documentation but could not find it..

I need your help!

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

It sounds like https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/CSOT-306 on Bob Swift's own Jira may be helpful. 

If you can't get at the URL, here's the basics:

"You want to use the value of the custom field from the original issue or the parent issue. So, for example: %original_Approval%. That can be a multi picker field or select list. You don't want %values_...% which returns the configured field options."

So you'd set the Assignee dropdown to Specific User (I think, you might have to try the different options), and then the text field next to it would have the substitution variable %original_MyFieldName% (or possibly %parent_MyFieldName%, depending on if the value has changed since the parent was created.)

Hey,

The solution was %parent_customfield_10500%

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

28 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you