why can I not set up OAuth consumer?

james_mckean September 20, 2021

I am in the Admin group of a bitbucket cloud workspace. When I attempt to set up an OAuth consumer, I cannot see the OAuth option in the setting nav pane.  One other admin can, but at least one additional admin cannot.

There seems to be something different about our accounts, but I cannot figure out what.  We have been line-by-line through our account in bb.org, and they are identical.  I am wondering if there is something different in the Atlassian account, but I can't see much detail there.

I think that the admin who can set them up is the originl creator of the workgroup. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2021

Hi James,

When a user signs up for a Bitbucket Cloud account, a workspace is automatically created by Bitbucket for this user. This workspace that is automatically created by Bitbucket (and not manually by the user) is considered the user's personal workspace. New admins can be added to this workspace, but the "APPS AND FEATURES" section of such a workspace will show only to the owner.

Based on your description, it sounds like you may be using such a workspace. We have a ticket about this in our issue tracker:

If you want to keep using the existing workspace, then the user this workspace is associated with should generate the OAuth consumer. Alternatively, you can manually create a new workspace, transfer your repos there and work with that new workspace.

Kind regards,
Theodora

james_mckean September 21, 2021

Yes, that sounds right.  This has been a sandbox workspace for a few months, but I can imagine that it was the originally was his personal one and he just repurposed it.  We will create a new one eventually, but to keep the POC on track, I will just let him create the OAuth consumer.  

Thank you!

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2021

You are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

NayakS November 20, 2021

@Theodora Boudale , Only bitbucket cloud admin able to create consumer,right? 

Assume somebody is admin for project(XYZ) and created n number of repo under project(XYZ), in order to provide access to any application, do we need to create one consumer for this project(xyz) or n number of due to n number repo .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events