Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

why can I not set up OAuth consumer?

I am in the Admin group of a bitbucket cloud workspace. When I attempt to set up an OAuth consumer, I cannot see the OAuth option in the setting nav pane.  One other admin can, but at least one additional admin cannot.

There seems to be something different about our accounts, but I cannot figure out what.  We have been line-by-line through our account in bb.org, and they are identical.  I am wondering if there is something different in the Atlassian account, but I can't see much detail there.

I think that the admin who can set them up is the originl creator of the workgroup. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi James,

When a user signs up for a Bitbucket Cloud account, a workspace is automatically created by Bitbucket for this user. This workspace that is automatically created by Bitbucket (and not manually by the user) is considered the user's personal workspace. New admins can be added to this workspace, but the "APPS AND FEATURES" section of such a workspace will show only to the owner.

Based on your description, it sounds like you may be using such a workspace. We have a ticket about this in our issue tracker:

If you want to keep using the existing workspace, then the user this workspace is associated with should generate the OAuth consumer. Alternatively, you can manually create a new workspace, transfer your repos there and work with that new workspace.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Yes, that sounds right.  This has been a sandbox workspace for a few months, but I can imagine that it was the originally was his personal one and he just repurposed it.  We will create a new one eventually, but to keep the POC on track, I will just let him create the OAuth consumer.  

Thank you!

You are very welcome, please feel free to reach out if you ever need anything else!

@Theodora Boudale , Only bitbucket cloud admin able to create consumer,right? 

Assume somebody is admin for project(XYZ) and created n number of repo under project(XYZ), in order to provide access to any application, do we need to create one consumer for this project(xyz) or n number of due to n number repo .

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

2,239 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you