Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webhook with private server

Mauricio Ramirez April 18, 2019

I have a Jenkins server on my local network.  I'm trying to get Jenkins to start a task when a commit is pushed to BitBucket.  Jenkins says I need to set up a webhook, but i'm wondering if bitbucket can communicate with a private server

2 answers

0 votes
cgillions May 28, 2020

I think the answer you're looking for is no - Bitbucket won't be able to communicate with an app (Jenkins) running on your private local network.

For this to work, you would need to publicly expose an endpoint on your network to allow incoming requests from Bitbucket to Jenkins. Once exposed, you'll have an IP / port combo that you can provide to Bitbucket as the webhook URL.

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2019

Hello Mauricio and welcome to the Community!

You can most certainly configure Jenkins with Bitbucket cloud. While Jenkins is not an Atlassian supported application, there are plenty of guides out there to walk you through this process. For example, I found the following guide that should mirror the requirements you have. You may find this guide at How To Configure Jenkins With BITBUCKET - Cloud Computing.

Additionally, there are Jenkins guides on how to configure and manage Jenkins services. That guide may be found at Bitbucket Plugin.

I hope this proves helpful and you’re able to get Jenkins and Bitbucket cloud playing together soon!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events