Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

web-panel not loaded on deploy, but appeared on localhost-environment

Edited

Problem brief

I develop a simple plugin for our self-hosted Bitbucket Server. In this plugin I have a web-panel, which appeared on each Pull Request in bitbucket.web.repository.banner.

On dev-localhost environment by Atlassian all my changes works and shows correctly. But after packaging my plugin to jar and sending to our admins for installation, something strange happens: the plugin is successfully installed, merge-checks work correctly, logs from the java-code successfully come, but I don't see my web-panel (but on dev-env I always can see it).

Context

1. For web-panel I use html+css+js.
  2. JS with CSS are located in HTML file in specific sections: JS in <script>, CSS in <style>.
  3. So I have only the one file for this web-panel, without additional resources.
  4. Bitbucket version: 7.0.1.
  5. On deploy my html-velocity-view not loaded into pull-request page, so I can't see anything in JavaScript console.

atlassian-plugin.xml

<atlassian-plugin key="${atlassian.plugin.key}" name="${project.name}" plugins-version="2">

<web-panel key="specific-key-for-web-panel" location="bitbucket.web.repository.banner">
<resource name="view" type="velocity" location="/html/file-name.html"/>
<condition class="path.ConditionFileName" />
</web-panel>

</atlassian-plugin> 

Questions

What could be the problem?

How can I catch the problem if I do not have direct access to the server? (I have access to atlassian-bitbucket.log file only)

UPD 1 (few plugins on the server)

• We have few plugins on the server. Two of them embed content in the same place — bitbucket.web.repository.banner.
  • Keys in atlassian-plugin.xml are different.
  • Foreign plugin is disabled for our repository and our plugin is disabled for theirs.

UPD 2 (for the first time, everything was fine)

• During the first installation, the panel was displayed as needed.
  • But after that the problems started.
  • Removing the old version of the plugin before installing the new version did not help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,887 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you