Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to clear specific old commit history and run GC on single repository

Chandrasekhar Kunuturu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 26, 2024

Hi Team,

We need to clear some specific old commit history on single repository and then run the GC for the same repo.

also what is the default schedule for running GC ?

incase if we want to run the GC manually from our end , is it a good practice?
if yes can you please provide the steps to do that.

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

Hi @Chandrasekhar Kunuturu and welcome to the community!

A git gc runs on every push to a repository but with different parameters depending on several different conditions. It cannot be triggered manually on the remote repo by end users.

If you rewrite history in the repo and push your changes, please reach out to us afterwards and ask that we trigger a git gc for the repo manually to clean up unreferenced objects.

You can either leave a reply here or you could also raise a ticket with the support team since you have access to a workspace on a paid billing plan. You can create a ticket via https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/, in "What can we help you with?" select "Technical issues and bugs" and then Bitbucket Cloud as product. When you are asked to provide the workspace URL, please make sure you enter the URL of the workspace that is on a paid billing plan to proceed with ticket creation.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events