user authentication using SourceTree

Prajakta Babar July 2, 2014

Hi,

I want to apply restriction to all developers in such a way that developer can push to branches only and not master. Right now anyone can push a code to master, which should not happen.

can anyone help me configure this kind of user authentication.

4 answers

1 vote
Richard Bywater
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

I think you'll be wanting Branch permissions. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASH030/Using+branch+permissions

0 votes
Prajakta Babar July 3, 2014

i tried this branch permissons with GitBash and its working smoothly. However, i am facing issue only when I am trying to achieve it using SourceTree.

Is there any configuration we need to check in SourceTree as well?

0 votes

thanks Seth :)

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

You might consider using a forking model instead of a branching one.

In either case, management of the centralized repository depends on where/how it is hosted. Is your central repository on a private server, or a third-party site like bitbucket or github?

I am using Stash to manage central repository

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

I edited the tags on your question so this may get noticed by people who work with Stash.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events