Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use app password from ubuntu instance

macmiller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2022

Currently when I make a change I then push it to the bitbucket repository. I was using git to record the changes then push to the repository using 'push -u origin --all'. They are now implements the need to create an 'app password'. I did create an app password with a name, but I am not sure how to set it up on the ubuntu instance. What would I do to get this to work on ubuntu?

1 answer

0 votes
Norbert C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2022

Hi @macmiller 

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Community, my name is Norbert and I'm a Bitbucket Cloud Support Engineer, it's nice to meet with you! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can you let me know when you're trying to do a pull/push/any git operation, does your Ubuntu ask you for a password or do you have the password stored somewhere in your system? 

In case it's asking for a password, I would like to recommend you to supply the newly created app password. 

In case you're using a GUI with your Ubuntu and the password is stored, I'd like to recommend you to check your "gnome-keyring"

Please let us know how it goes, we're here to help.

Best Regards,
Norbert
Atlassian Bitbucket Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events