Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to delete user in BitBucket

Selvalakshmi Praveen Kumar August 26, 2021

Hi Team,

I am unable to delete a user from 'Users on plan' page. User has no access to any of the resources. When I click on cross button and click Remove, user is not removed from 'Users on plan' page. 

Please help to resolve.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Selvalakshmi Praveen Kumar,

Could you please let me know the following

(1) the workspace-id of the workspace you are trying to remove the user from and
(2) the user's name

but please make sure that both of them are masked, by replacing some characters with asterisks (e.g. like 's***a***t**'), to protect the user's and your privacy.

It is likely that you may be trying to remove a user from their personal workspace, which is not possible, but I need the info I asked for, so I can check in our system and confirm whether this is the case.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Selvalakshmi Praveen Kumar September 2, 2021

Hi Theodora,

Thanks for your answer. Even before sharing the details, I want to tell you that user I am trying to delete is the one created the workspace. In this case, It is his personal workspace right?

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

If he manually created the workspace, it is not considered his personal workspace.
A workspace is personal if it is automatically created by Bitbucket for a user.

Please allow me to explain with an example:

• Someone signs up for a Bitbucket account with username A.
  • Bitbucket automatically creates a workspace for that user, with workspace-id A (the workspace-id may be changed later).
  • Then, the user creates additional workspaces B, C, D.
  • Workspace A, which was created automatically by Bitbucket for the user, is a personal workspace, and user A cannot be removed from that workspace.
  • Workspaces B, C, D which were created manually by the user are not personal workspaces, and user A can be removed from these.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Selvalakshmi Praveen Kumar September 6, 2021

Hi @Theodora Boudale 

Thanks for explaining me in detail. As I go through the explanation, I am sure that scenario is same here and it is the personal workspace. Instead of removing the user, I transferred all the repositories from this workspace to another workspace. 

Hope that person will not get access anymore to the resources in that workspace.

Please confirm

Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2021

If this user does not have any access to this other workspace, they will no longer be able to access the repositories either.

To confirm this, you can go to this workspace's Settings (the one that owns the repos now) > Users on plan. If the user doesn't show there, then they won't have access to the repos anymore.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events