Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support to Android's repo tool (mainly "reop upload")

jannachang October 10, 2017

Dear Sir/Madame,

We would like to transfer our Android developer to Bitbucket. 

Currently, Bitbucket offers only per project/repository git clone/pull and git push.  Since there are about 400 or so number of repositories per Android project, we need Bitbucket offer such capability. 

We are able to emulate "repo init" and "repo sync" via Bitbucket REST API and Linux shell script.  However, we don't know how to:

1)  integrate our "repo init" and "repo sync" script programs to Bitbucket.

2)  implement "repo upload"

Could you help ?

Thanks,

Janna

1 answer

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi Janna, 

There's a feature request to include support for repo tool for Fisheye and Bamboo, but not for Bitbucket Server, you can find them at:

If my understanding is correct, you'd like to use a script so you can bulk upload the repos from your Android project to Bitbucket, is this correct? If that's the case, there's a couple threads in the Community that might help you with this task. You might be interested in checking Git project bulk import and Import 300 git repositories to an Atlassian project.

Hope that helps!

Ana

jannachang October 12, 2017

Dear Ana,

Thank you for the pointers.

Concerning "repo upload", it automatically generates a list of files in one's working directory (having multiple git repositories) that are different than those files in the SCM server(s.)  From the links you pointed me to, there seems no such funcationality.  (I am studying them further, in case I missed some points there....)

I realized that in my initial #1 question, there seems NO necessity for  "repo & Bitbucket integration" per se.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events