subversion ALM searching files changed on svn

fernando moreno May 29, 2014

Hello, I trying the pluging subversion ALM and I'm trying to search in the issues , the files that changed in the svn using the advance search of jira and i don't know how I can get that.

for example, three diferent projects made changed on the file "test1.java" and they are made the commint on the svn too, how I have to do the serch to find this three issues? ( using SVN ALM, of course)

thanks and regards! :D

have a nice day! :D

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2014

The following query:

issue in svnItem("test1.java")

should return all the issues having commits changing "test1.java" file (added, modified, replaced or deleted) across all the branches and all the repositories.

If you want to restrict the search for an specific repository only, then use the repository id ("1" for instance):

issue in svnItem("test1.java", "", "1")

if you want to restrict the search to an specific branch, use the full path (starting by slash /):

issue in svnItem("/branches/project_X/some_path/test1.java","","1")

You might also want to filter by the change action: "A" (Added), "M" (Modified), "R" (Replaced) or "D" (Deleted). Hence,

issue in svnItem("/branches/project_X/some_path/test1.java","A",1)

shoud return the issue that created the file.

You can also set a limit ordered by timestamp, so if you want to see the latest issue changing the file (regardless the action):

issue in svnItem("/branches/project_X/some_path/test1.java","","1", "1")

All the functions show brief instructions about the parameter menaing on errors. So, you can run it to make it fail and get some help:

issue in svnItem()

The query above should fail as the first parameter is missing.

Please, let me know whether the svnItem funtion returns the expected results as it might not work well in all the cases. Feedback from users is very important in order to get a high quality add-on.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events