cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status code 128:

sivakumar karthikesan April 10, 2022

we are getting the following error during jenkins build

ERROR: Error cloning remote repo 'origin'
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git fetch --tags --progress git@bitbucket.org:XXXX/XXX.git +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status code 128:
stdout: 
stderr: Warning: Permanently added 'bitbucket.org,XXXXX' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

1 answer

0 votes
Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

G'Day @sivakumar karthikesan 

Welcome to the community!

The error you are seeing can be caused by multiple reasons such as:

1. Large repositories
  2. Network
  3. Jenkin bug

I would suggest starting with your repositories size, if it's larger than 1GB tried to reduce the size further and create a support ticket to trigger GC.

As for the network, this is very hard to investigate since it requires an in-depth network investigation to understand why the connection is dropped. If you have any firewall/proxy in between your server and external network I would suggest you start from there.

Regarding Jenkin Bug, I did notice a recent bug/issue raised by one of the Jenkin users reporting having an issue cloning repositories after they upgrade the Jenkin/plugin version at:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Syahrul

sivakumar karthikesan April 12, 2022

Thank so you for the detailed explanation. just trying to understand as we have many branches will that too cause the issue?

Syahrul
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2022

Hey @sivakumar karthikesan 

Yes, having hundreds of branches can be a cause of this issue as well. So it's advisable to always delete the branch you no longer used.

Cheers,
Syahrul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events