Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

stash-java-client-core log4j 1.x to log4j 2.17 upgrade?

I see stash-java-client-core latest version uses log4j 1.X.

I am aware log4j 1.X is not vulnerable to the Zero Day vulnerability but still I prefer to upgrade to 2.17 

Has anyone found how to this? Is there any work around to make sure log4j 1.X is not being used? I see it is a compile dependency which implies stash-java-client-core requires log4j to work.

Any answer would be really helpful. Thanks

1 answer

Hi

I asked same question from support and i did get this answer:

• Although Jira is using the classic version of log4j but the version shipped with our products is forked, developed, and maintained in-house at Atlassian, so it’s not the same Apache EOL version, therefore, not vulnerable by default. This is consistently being maintained and updated by our in-house development team.
  • Do not update Log4j manually as this could potentially break the application. Some on-premises products use an Atlassian-maintained fork of Log4j 1.2.17, which is NOT vulnerable to CVE-2021-44228. We have done additional analysis on this fork and confirmed a new - but similar - low severity vulnerability that can only be exploited by a trusted party if you have specific, non-default configurations. 

I hope it will help You also.

With best

Urmo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Git push size limits are coming to Bitbucket Cloud starting April 4th, 2022

Beginning on April 4th, we will be implementing push limits. This means that your push cannot be completed if it is over 3.5 GB. If you do attempt to complete a push that is over 3.5 GB, it will fail...

3,462 views 3 10
Read article

Atlassian Community Events