stash API tag specific commit

vstashkov September 19, 2017

I want to mirror actions of following commands

git tag build_123 

git push --tags

I am using this article 

https://developer.atlassian.com/static/rest/stash/3.11.6/stash-scm-git-rest.html

Specifically POST method in 
/rest/git/1.0/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/tags

I am able to create a tag with this POST request, but it DOES NOT map itself to specific commit. It means that when I go to
stash.com/projects/{projectKey}/repos/{repositorySlug}/commits

I don't see my tag in the list on the right in the list of commits.

Let me emphasise, that the only difference between pure git commands and API call is the fact that the tag doesn't appear on the right in UI for the last commit. Everything else seems to be the same. 

But I want the tag to appear in the corresponding commit. How do I do that?

EDIT:

The tag, created by API call, seems to appear in the UI, if I create additional tag with git.

The steps to reproduce:

1. call API POST from above

2. look at UI, see there is no tag in the list

3. create a new tag and push it with git commands (above)

4. observe 2 new tags for the last commits in UI (one from API, one form git)

How do I make it behave correctly? i.e. to show my tag after API call (without typing git commands)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi Vladimir,

Can you confirm which version of Stash that you're running? Based on the description and workaround that you found (creating a new tag via Git), I believe you're running into the bug described at BSERV-7658 - Annotated tags pushed to specific commits from REST API do not show in the UI Commits Page.

This affects version 3.10 up to 4.4 where it was fixed. 

Vladimir S. September 25, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Looks like you're right. My version falls exactly between these numbers. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events