Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh-run pipeline toomanyrequests, docker login question

Andrew S Lane February 2, 2023

Hi,

We've recently run into an issue using https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/ssh-run/src/master/. The message we receive is 

Unable to find image 'bitbucketpipelines/ssh-run:0.4.1' locally
docker: Error response from daemon: toomanyrequests: You have reached your pull rate limit.

I feel we don't perform all that many pulls, so that is one issue that concerns me. In any case we're willing to use a docker account to perform tasks, but I'm confused as to how to do so in the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file as the docker container run command which references the image bitbucketpipelines/ssh-run:0.4.1 doesn't seem configurable in that manner from looking at the README. I've attempted to try some workarounds using Bitbucket Workspace Variables or even environment variables on the host, but those only seem to apply to the COMMAND section of the pipeline and as far as I can tell this is related to the pipeline set up. Here is a screenshot of the output of the failed pipeline, specifically the 'pipe: atlassian/ssh-run:0.4.1' step.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew Lane

Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 3.42.26 PM.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2023

Hey Andrew,

So that I may assist you further - can you confirm if this is standard pipelines or if you are using a workspace/repository runner?
Also, you are using the bitbucketpipelines/ssh-run build image, correct?

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

aslane June 27, 2023

Hi Ben!

I know I'm responding late, but this came up again. 

1. We are using a workspace runner

2. Correct, using that image.

Thank you,

Andrew

Ben
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2023

Hi Andrew,

This error message refers to rate limiting on unauthenticated/free Dockerhub accounts, you can see more details here:

This means unauthenticated users get 100 image pulls per hour, whereas logged in users get 200 image pulls per hour. 

You can either ensure that you are logged in to Dockerhub first, or, you can use a private registry to download images to your Runner - you may use the setup explained on the documentation below, under "Using private build images", depending on where they are stored:

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)

aslane June 28, 2023

Hi Ben,

I think the root cause of our pulls being exhausted was failed deployments with AWS (automated repeated attempts to launch containers).

In any case it seems doing this:

script:
  - docker login --username $DOCKER_HUB_USERNAME --password $DOCKER_HUB_PASSWORD
  - pipe: atlassian/ssh-run:0.4.1
in bitbucket-pipelines.yaml may have gotten around the issue.
Thanks for your help,
Andrew
0 votes
aslane June 28, 2023

Fixed with docker login command as first step of script.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events