settings.xml configuration on Pipelines

phillipsbryanj November 21, 2016

How do I specify the settings.xml file location for Maven on Bitbucket Pipelines?

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
phillipsbryanj February 6, 2017

If you place a settings.xml file in the $HOME directory on your docker instance, it will be used to run your maven commands.

pipelines:
  default:
    - step:
        script:
          - cp <repo-path>/settings.xml $HOME/.m2/settings.xml
          - mvn clean install

John Hall February 7, 2017

This worked for me when I replaced 

<repo-path>  

with

/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build 
Natarajan Kuppan July 17, 2019

Hi,

any one know, what is the $HOME path here?

5 votes
Chris Shellenbarger October 30, 2018

I'm late to this conversation but I wanted to point out that the accepted answer here seems to imply that the maven credentials are stored in a settings.xml file in the source code repository.

This is a security risk as you should never store credentials in source code repos. 

Instead, you should store your credentials in BitBucket Pipelines Secure Environment Variables and then substitute them into a settings.xml file during your build step.

We created a guide that demonstrates how to do this as part of getting pipelines setup with maven repositories in a professional, secure manner. 

For anyone coming along seeking an example please check it out:

Continuous Integration: A Complete Guide to Using BitBucket Pipelines With Maven Repositories

Good luck! 

0 votes
Francisco Johnatan December 16, 2020

Hello, I'm having the same problem. None of the above solutions helped me

0 votes
Natarajan Kuppan July 17, 2019

Hi ,

any one know, what is the $HOME path here?

0 votes
John Hall February 6, 2017

Oh, thanks @Bryan Phillips, this is awesome. Can you add this as an answer?

0 votes
John Hall February 6, 2017

@Bryan Phillips,

That's how you update settings.xml in your local Maven repo, but we are talking about the remote settings.xml file that Bitbucket uses on the docker container when running mvn commands. At this point, I am guessing that the this files is a part of the maven:3.3.3 docker image listed in bitbucket-pipelines.yml

0 votes
phillipsbryanj February 6, 2017

I just copied the settings.xml file from my repo to the home directory before building.

cp <project-path>/settings.xml $HOME/.m2/settings.xml

mvn clean install

0 votes
John Hall February 2, 2017

Yes, we'd like to know how and specifically need to be able to configure the `<servers>` element with authentication info

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events