Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scp-deploy pipe needs documentation on LOCAL_PATH, and ${BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR}

tipjosh December 5, 2019

The documentation on scp-deploy needs clarification on the LOCAL_PATH variable. Right now it is very unclear as to what path this is actually referring to, and what to set it to in order to copy the contents of the repo.

The default shown in the docs is:

LOCAL_PATH: 'build'

or

LOCAL_PATH: 'build/*'

This might lead one to believe that the pipelines docker is creating a build directory, which is not the case. You'll get:

build/*: No such file or directory

From there, one might think, well then let me put in:

LOCAL_PATH: '/*'  ##'DO NOT DO THIS!'

to copy from the root of my repo's directory. This will actually start copying all of the root system files from the docker itself! Yikes! It should be specified that this root is actually the root of the system itself in the docker container.

From there, I can't tell where the repo directory is from the docs. I found this Atlassian Community question which mentioned the default variable BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR. Which stands for:

"The absolute path of the directory that the repository is cloned into within the Docker container."

So based on the answer to that question, and the docs, it looks like a default example to copy from the repo (only files, not the directory itself) should either be:

LOCAL_PATH: '${BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR}/*'

or

LOCAL_PATH: '${BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR}/'

?

The first appears to work, though the SCP command that appears in the docker log shows an extra slash in the remote path to the file being copy after the repo name (repo-name//file-name.txt). So something needs to change with LOCAL_PATH, or possibly REMOTE_PATH should not have a slash at the end as documented.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hi @tipjosh ,

Thank you for your detailed feedback!

New SCP Deploy pipe's version with updated documentation is released (scp-deploy:0.3.9).

Cheers,
Alex

tipjosh February 3, 2020

Excellent. Thank you for the clarification.

Like Oleksandr Kyrdan likes this
Pavel Alazankin August 3, 2021

that's great! but could you please edit this page too?

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/deploy-using-scp/

Oleksandr Kyrdan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2021

Hi @Pavel Alazankin ,

Great suggestion! Thank you!

Cheers,
Oleksandr Kyrdan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events