Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repository size exceeds limit

Priya October 6, 2021

hii..

My repository size becomes over the limit of 4gb. So I reset the branch to commit before the large commit and gave git push --force. The large files were deleted now but repo size if still 4.8 gb.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2021

Hi, @Priya

I ran the GC against your repository and managed to reduce its size to 1.2 GB. 

I also would like to share with you that we already have a feature request to allow users to mark repositories for git GC, as you can check here:

Please consider adding yourself as a watcher to receive the updates as we make progress with this. If you are not familiar with our Feature Request Policy, you can read more about it here.

Feel free to share any additional questions or concerns regarding this case.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Priya October 7, 2021

Thanks Caroline!!!

0 votes
Harsh Sharma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2021

Hello @Priya ,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Doing a force push after rewriting history locally will mark the remote repo with unreferenced objects and replace it with what you have pushed. The size will increase because it includes the local size and your remote size. In such cases, we run the garbage collector to remove the unreachable objects to reduce repository size. Kindly contact support in order to get GC executed on your repo.

Additionally, I would like to suggest to refer this KB page  that explains the steps to reduce the repository size.

Moreover you can enable the Lab under personal account settings "Delete dangling commits when over size limit", use below steps to enable the lab.

• Hover over "Your profile and personal settings" at the bottom left on the Bitbucket Landing page, now click on tab "Personal Settings".
  • Under personal settings go to "Labs" tab and there will be lab with the name "Delete dangling commits when over size limit".
  • Just enable this (it will perform the automatic garbage collection in future when a force push or history re-write is performed).

Hope that helps!!

Thanks!
Harsh Sharma

Priya October 7, 2021

Thanks Sharma...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events