Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reduce repo size

alberti3 February 6, 2019

Can you please help me with that:

remote: Repository is in read only mode (over 3.7 GB size limit). Learn how to reduce your repository size: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/xgMvEw.
fatal: unable to access 'https://alberti3@bitbucket.org/alberti3/workspace_aa.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403

By mistake I added a very large file. Then I removed it and changed the .gitignore, but at that point I was not able to push the new commit.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2019

Hi Andrea,

What's the current size of your repo? Please use the following command and let us know the output:

git count-objects -Hv

If it's over 2GB, then you're exceeding the limit and will need to follow the steps in the article that was mentioned to you, Reduce repository size

Let us know how it goes!

Ana

alberti3 February 9, 2019

Thanks. This worked

alberti3 April 5, 2019

Hi,

I reduced again the size of my repository, but I cannot push the new changes.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2019

Hi @alberti3 , I've run a git gc to your remote repository but the size hasn't changed/ Can you confirm your local repo is now under 2GB? You can check that using the following command in the terminal:

git count-objects -Hv

If it's over 2GB, you need to reduce the size first, to do so you'll need to follow the steps in the article Reduce repository size

Let us know how it goes!

Ana

1 vote
simonabrams March 26, 2019

HI! I followed the steps in the reference article and used BFG to get my local repo down under the file size limit, but the remote is still locked, in read-only mode. What do I do next to push up my new, trimmer local repo?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events