Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"already has a repository with this name."

Sam Briggs January 18, 2023

I am trying to create a new repo and I keep getting "already has a repository with this name." 

Yet I can't see it in the list or repositories or if I search via URL, I get URL not found.

Does it exist or is it a bug?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Both.  The bug (in my opinion) is that the error message is a bit unhelpful - it should be saying "there is already a repo with this name, but it is not one you have any access to view".

marcioprudencio August 19, 2023

Hi Nic, I'm having the same issue. Even in different projects, I'm receiving this message. Why I can't have the same repository name if they are in different projects?

Ex:

Project [ClientOne] => Repo [public_html]

Project [ClientTwo] => Repo [public_html]

Regards;

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2023

Because projects are a view, not a container.  Your repositories need to have unique names to help people to distinguish between them.

marcioprudencio August 20, 2023

I get it @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, thanks for the reply, although still sounds like preference to me, not a thing that should be mandatory.

So to me the only solution I see would be to use different names like [public_html_01 ... 02] and after pull the updates, delete the original [public_html] folder and rename the folders back to [public_html] which is the root folder of Hostinger. Is that make any sense to you?

*Just a note here: We are talking about Private repositories. People shouldn't be looking for these...

Regards;

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2023

I don't think it's a preferences problem, I think it's an identification problem, easily solved by having uniqueness.

Yes, you could use different names like that, or you could choose some other identifier.  One of my clients simply prefixes the name of the service to it.

marcioprudencio August 22, 2023

Get it, thanks a million Nic!

Regards;

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events