"Something went wrong" error when deleting a repository

leonlombard December 8, 2021

I am busy cleaning up my unused repositories.

I wa able to delete several resporities. However, there is one repository that, when deleting, shows an error in the bottom left corner saying "Something went wrong". It gives no clue as to what went wrong. 

How can I resolve this error?

1 answer

0 votes
Caroline R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2021

Hi, @leonlombard

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The “Something went wrong" message usually comes with a 5xx response that shows a Sentry ID code. This code may give us some indication of what is causing this issue. In this case, could you please follow the next steps to find the Sentry ID, so I can further investigate this case?

• Open the "Developer tools" in the browser you are using (click on the three dots > More tools > Developer Tools): 

devtools.png

• Then navigate to the Bitbucket page that gives you this error (in your case, try to delete the repo)

• In "Developer tools", select the Network tab

• Find and select the request that gives a 5xx response

• In the Headers panel (after you select the request with 5xx response), check if there is a field named sentry id.

• If you can provide us with the value of that field, I can look it up in our system for further info.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Caroline

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events