• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

"Ghost" repository that I cannot delete

For whatever reason, I cannot delete this repository. As you can see below, it exists

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.54.26 PM.png

But whenever I click on the repository, I am presented with this error message:

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 2.55.18 PM.png

Confused. Is this a bug?

1 answer

1 vote

Hi @Alton Johnson ,

Checking in our system for a Bitbucket account and workspaces linked to the email of your community account, I can see a repo with the name in your screenshot, that is in a "Deleting" status.

It looks that the deletion event timed out, the operation did not get completed, and the repo now shows ups although it cannot be accessed.

I can attempt to delete it from our side, since it is in this state and shows a size of 0 bytes. Would you like me to try that?

If so, I would like to ask that you confirm if this repository is owned by the workspace associated with your personal Bitbucket account, that has the same email as your community account (just to make sure that I'll delete the right repo).

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hi @Theodora Boudale

Thanks for checking in on this for me. You can definitely delete that repo for me since it's just 0 bytes and kind of lingering, along with blocking me from creating another repo with the same name since it's a duplicate, lol.

Also, this repo is owned by the workspace associated with my corporate email address. I just updated the workspace name that contains the stale repo to include "delete goku from this workspace) if that helps any, lol.

I have another workspace with the same repo name so just wanted to do that to be on the safe side.

Hi @Alton Johnson ,

Thanks for adding "delete goku from this workspace" in the workspace name, that certainly helps to make sure we're talking about the same repo. :)

I have attempted to delete it, but I am getting an error as well, so I'll need to reach out to one of Bitbucket developers and ask for assistance with this. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update.

In the meantime, you can create a repo with a different name in that workspace, and then you should be able to rename it once we make the deletion from our side.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hi @Alton Johnson ,

Thanks for your patience while we've been looking into this. I've eventually been able to delete this repository, so it should no longer appear in the workspace that used to own it.

Please feel free to let me know if things are ok now and if you need anything further.

Kind regards,
Theodora

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Calling any interview participants for Bitbucket Data Center

Hi everyone,  We are looking to learn more about development teams’ workflows and pain points, especially around DevOps, integrations, administration, scale, security, and the related challeng...

451 views 4 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you